Why does SS use Fedex ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipSmack

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hope I can get some insight from someone

So I got my CAtwoman Ex from SS and it cost $25 to ship..Thats great

package shows up and I get dinged another $20 from fedex, now im not complaining as im still under what it would have cost me to get the ex from somewhere else and I love SS, but whenever I get figures from the US from other retailers (who us USPS) I never get that extra charge..

So why doesn't Sideshow use USPS to ship? they provide the same service and usually deliver within a week (Im a very patient person). I would certainly up my purchases if I knew I wan't gunna get hit with another charge, any info would be great

You can't avoid taxes. The only other charge is a $10 handling fee which is waived if you have a FedEx account with a credit card attached to it.

Also in addition I'm glad they don't use USPS. Shipping would be much more expensive and it would take longer. Also UPS is the worst. They charge brokerage based off the value of the item. So I'm very glad Sideshow uses FedEx

Because they are great. You do not want to use UPS or USPS Lipsmack. The UPS brokerage fees are a complete ripoff. They charge 3 different brokerage rates to international buyers which does not even include your provincial taxes. FedEx has a standard $10 vat fee. The fee are waived if you have an account with FedEx.

UPS brokerage rate is not fixed. It is based off how much your item is worth. The higher it is, the more you pay. I had a $200 poster purchased and UPS tried to charge me $68 in brokerage fee. This didn't even include my provincial taxes.

I felt they held me for ransom. I had no choice but to pay it. They rejected my claim after I felt I was being ripped off. I immediately filed a dispute with BBB and they came to there senses and refunded back 50% of the brokerage fee that I had paid.

To all Canadian Buyers who uses courier services. If its international shipping, do not use UPS!

Expect to pay more in shipping through USPS and you will get your package within 2 weeks or so, whereas FedEx is 2 business days.

Thank god SSC uses FedEx. You can not beat the shipping rate on what is being charged. Expect more if its through UPS or USPS.

On another note Lipsmack, you are based in Calgary. You only have to pay 5% tax. Sign up with FedEx and that's all you will be paying.

Last edited:
USPS has always been $25 for me to get it in Canada from the US and Ive never been hit with additional charges.

Thanks VS im gunna look into that

FedEx is not perfect, but they handle collectibles with far more care than UPS or the loathsome USPS. I've been shipping exclusively with them for 15 years, and have had only one breakage incident [knocks on wood.]

You can also call FedEx to pay your fees before you sign for it/pick it up and you don't have to pay the $10. I do that for things like the 89 batmobile. All I payed was GST

i'd take anything over usps! i'd even take a dude riding a horse to deliver my packages over usps like back in the old pony express days. they are the WORST! they are so bad, at least the drivers that were on my route where i live, they've replaced them literally like three times already the beginning of this year cause they had so many complaints about missing and non delivered packages. the worst!

I don't think they exclusively use Fedex. I think it depends on the region. Mine are always shipped to me via UPS. I will also note I have never had a problem with UPS.

they don't use USPS because they don't get a bulk shipping discount from them. i use fedex exclusively and have found them to be very consistent.

SS have been using UPS to ship items to me but lately, they have been using FedEx.

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

I am actually quite upset with Fedex at the moment. I went to pick up Catwoman yesterday, and when the employee turned the corner with the box I immediately got worried, it looked like someone repeatedly kicked the corner in. Thankfully I choose the "pack out" option on all of the items I purchase from SS, or the figure inside would have been damaged. I asked to open the box so that I can check the contents inside to see if everything was in order. The employee just pointed at the infamous sideshow sticker on the front that instructs you to call them if anything is wrong. It shouldn't be up to them to resolve the issue if it's due to poor handling while being shipped IMO. I spoke to the manager, and she also gave no ****s! Got to the car after paying duties and signing and opened her up; revealing HT box was in pretty good shape. I hate that people tend to not care about other people's personal possessions when handling them, and casually brush it off as if it's the norm. :gah:

Why does SS use Fedex?...

ups_zpsf6f4ead9.gif

:rotfl

I've always received my SSC deliveries via UPS (~3years now) - never had an issue once. I was surprised when i got my most recent shipment notification email stating Fedex is handling delivery. Their reputation locally is terrible, so I'm praying for the best. :pray:

they all abuse packages...some more than others. do a you tube search and you'll see video of all the delivery Dbags!

i use UPS and you can request either one...i don't like Fedex around here..they aren't the nicest(no offense to anyone who may work at FE, lol) and we actually have known our UPS driver for some time now...so he's nicer and more careful with our stuff...

SSC has always used UPS to ship to Alaska and I never had any issues, All my boxes have arrived in great shape.
They did ship my Batmobile using Fedex which kind of suprised me at 1st. I think Fedex must have been much cheaper in that case, It arrived with no problems.

they all abuse packages...some more than others. do a you tube search and you'll see video of all the delivery Dbags!

That is like saying all Taco Bell employees lick the taco shells. Most of the delivery drivers for UPS, Fedex and USPS are very professional, there are some bad ones but they are in the minority.

Back