Why did Hot Toys stop using PERS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmon83

Freaked Out
Reaction score
See title. Why did they stop this? It was amazing on the Batman figures.

I think PERS is too hard to create right and demanding too much developing cost for HT?

Yeah I remember a lot of people complaining because it was often broken and you can check ebay and see how many people are selling their figures because the PERS broke.

Yeah I remember a lot of people complaining because it was often broken and you can check ebay and see how many people are selling their figures because the PERS broke.

If cheap I should pounce on that... :3

Thanks for information all!

Less simply put, it also tended to look stupid.

And yeah, it broke a lot.

I am actually a PERS fan....I think you get a better pose out of it....

I wish they did it more....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad they stopped it honestly. My 89 Batman broke his and it was a miracle a friend of mine was able to somehow get his eyes in a neutral position. Nothing worse than a bug eyed Batman.

They're using PERS on the new Jack Sparrow tho. I hope it's dead and buried after that, since it ruined Indy and every Bale Batman figure.

PERS was only a great idea poorly implamented.
The eyes weren't close enough to eye sockets, the mechnism was too fragile, etc.
They were tryin' to improve it over time but kinda fed up...

PERS was only a great idea poorly implamented.
The eyes weren't close enough to eye sockets, the mechnism was too fragile, etc.
They were tryin' to improve it over time but kinda fed up...

Yup. It always somehow ruined the aesthetics. With some exception like the DX08/09, you could clearly tell it's a toy if it had PERS.

I think the DX10 easily had the worst PERS ever. It not only made the sculpt worse, but who asked for a Terminator doll that could look sideways? :slap

I bought a figure with broken PERS, you can still move the eyes though with careful work.

Glad it has it too, cause the expression is most of the figure. HT is far to easy to give a figure the mile long stare.....and THAT makes it look more doll like that anything.

The 3 PERS figures I have get the most compliments by far about their relaism..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am actually a PERS fan....I think you get a better pose out of it....

I wish they did it more....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same. It always made my posses more expressive. Seeing that PERS was a feature for the DX line you should see more of it since the line is returning.

Yup. It always somehow ruined the aesthetics. With some exception like the DX08/09, you could clearly tell it's a toy if it had PERS.

I think the DX10 easily had the worst PERS ever. It not only made the sculpt worse, but who asked for a Terminator doll that could look sideways? :slap

Well, the DX10 and DX13 both actually look better when the eyes are looking sideways....

The only figure that suffered from PERS in my estimation was poor Indy. But his likeness or lack thereof was not just due to PERS. His lower lip and jaw line was a major failing for that figure. The rest were very nice. Sparrow being the finest personally!

Its only really useful for those characters that are known for looking 'out-the-side-of-their-face' :)

Bruce Lee and Jack Sparrow are the big two.

Back