why arent hot toys scuplts as lifelike as custom ones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
deadly serious imo the custom looks alot more like christain bale than hot toys,im not argueing other figures,just this one.yes blade is good i have him,whiplash is good i have him,all the jokers i have,so you see i do get to look at head scuplts and while looking on a thread thought this custom head looked more like him,i guess i expected replies like "really?im liking the original alot more than the custom you mention":gah:not replies like that of yours elvis,them i wouldnt miss at all:exactly::wave

Then change the ____ing thread title genius! If you're not arguing about other figures, why did you post it as a general statement in the title?! This TDK BJ fest belongs in the DC section. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Man I'm going to say it, I don't like the lips on Bobby's Joker. I never post in the threads because any criticism seems to be taken as an attack and everyone is just so damn defensive in there.
yeah i feel beaten to ____ for asking a question,you feel like people are being defensive.faults on both sides here?

Then change the ____ing thread title genius! If you're not arguing about other figures, why did you post it as a general statement in the title?! This TDK BJ fest belongs in the DC section. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4
ok genius will explain in capitals if you like,others thought i was dishing other head scuplts because i was stupid enough to have an opinion on the bale head,i love the headsculpts on the others you mentioned and not arguing the point on them because im happy with them.i just thought the custom bale was better than ht.for the love of god.so many welcoming comments for new members.btw did you have a point beings you clicked the link,do you feel better now:gah:ps.you seem a very angry person,probably best you dont read my posts if thats how i affect you

ok genius will explain in capitals if you like,others thought i was dishing other head scuplts because i was stupid enough to have an opinion on the bale head,i love the headsculpts on the others you mentioned and not arguing the point on them because im happy with them.i just thought the custom bale was better than ht.for the love of god.so many welcoming comments for new members.btw did you have a point beings you clicked the link,do you feel better now:gah:

Re-read your thread title. You say you're just talking about the Bale sculpt but you wonder why others think you're dissing other heads? It's because you weren't specific. The title leads people to think you're talking all of HT's sculpts in general. Additionally the fact that you put "sculpts," meaning plural, as in "more than one" reinforces that.

So before running to start new threads on lame thoughts, perhaps it would do you some good to consider what you're about to type as a thread title and the location of where you're starting the thread. Be specific and start it where it belongs instead of having a newbgasm and lamely spewing all over the place.

Example: "Why are custom Bale sculpts better than Hot Toys' sculpt?" posted in the DC Comics section with all the other TDK threads. A minute amount of looking before leaping would've prevented this entire deal. :duh:duh:duh

lol, troll newb with a new name.
do i get to be in your little gang too when i make over 1000 posts!bow to the forum kings you have arrived:cuckoo:

:rotfl ive come to the conclusion that im obviously too old for this forum,i will leave you to it,only i doubt it will be as much fun stroking each others egos with no one to jump on but im sure if you stoop low enough there will be a kid along soon eh!to anyone who answered maturely thankyou,to everyone else?oh look now someone wants me to explain myself because he found a hole to pick,i have never annoyed so many people by doing so little,its too easy really

Last edited:
I think 'lifelike' was perhaps the wrong term. Hot Toys sculpts are always lifelike these days, whether the likeness is there or not. But yeah its true that HT doesn't always nail likenesses to particular actors.

It's not like that Bale head was sculpted by some random customizer. Didn't industry pro Eric Sosa do it? He's one of the most talented sculptors in the biz.

Re-read your thread title. You say you're just talking about the Bale sculpt but you wonder why others think you're dissing other heads? It's because you weren't specific. The title leads people to think you're talking all of HT's sculpts in general. Additionally the fact that you put "sculpts," meaning plural, as in "more than one" reinforces that.

So before running to start new threads on lame thoughts, perhaps it would do you some good to consider what you're about to type as a thread title and the location of where you're starting the thread. Be specific and start it where it belongs instead of having a newbgasm and lamely spewing all over the place.

Example: "Why are custom Bale sculpts better than Hot Toys' sculpt?" posted in the DC Comics section with all the other TDK threads. A minute amount of looking before leaping would've prevented this entire deal. :duh:duh:duh

:goodpost: ....as for my thoughts ,apart from bobbyc's joker and Serangs Spartacus i have rarely seen custom sculpts come close to the standards of hot toys(which are mass produced don't you forget), that custom bale has an edge on the likeness but it lacks the finish of a hot toys sculpt imo.

if hot toys head sculpts aren't good enough for you, you should probably find another hobby, because you aren't going to be able to find any better very often. Stuff like the recent joker and the recent spartacus as well as Trevor's firefly sculpts are exceptions, not the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back