Why are WETA collectables losing there value???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Rog is so NOT over-rated! :rock
smallrog.jpg

/QUOTE]

Yeah, not even close to over-rated. I've got The Balrog, Cave Troll, RWOS, Sauron, had the WKTF. The Balrog tops all!

Of course you do, they have more chemicals inside than a hit of crystal meth .................................. I'll have cheese & onions on mine thank you. :lol

How do you think I keep going to make so many posts? :lol I'm like the Kronen on Hellboy. :lol

How do you think I keep going to make so many posts? :lol I'm like the Kronen on Hellboy. :lol

Wow! Thank the gods all you need to mix up a batch can be bought at WalMart .............................. your teeth still holding up?! :horror :rotfl

I think I've screw the thread topic up terribly, LC will ban me for sure now!

We even have a really nice hardware store here in town now so in a pinch I can go there. :lol They're doing ok. I just went and got my first four fillings. :(

We even have a really nice hardware store here in town now so in a pinch I can go there. :lol They're doing ok. I just went and got my first four fillings. :(

No metal detectors at SDCC, you should be ok ...................... until you see Rumi and get a taste of the whip that is. You're in trouble :emperor

I don't have the balrog and would never buy it now chancing a broken whip in shipping. Beautiful piece, but he had what...maybe 5 minutes of screen time? My favorite piece is the RWOS. Perfectly executed. Definitely not losing it's value. Wish I still had it.

No metal detectors at SDCC, you should be ok ...................... until you see Rumi and get a taste of the whip that is. You're in trouble :emperor

Rumi does a good job of keeping me in line.

I don't have the balrog and would never buy it now chancing a broken whip in shipping. Beautiful piece, but he had what...maybe 5 minutes of screen time? My favorite piece is the RWOS. Perfectly executed. Definitely not losing it's value. Wish I still had it.

If its packed right it wont break. The whipe is more likely to break once you have it. Yeah, but that for me was the coolest 5 mins.

The Lord of the Rings is a classic trilogy in book and film, so I think the nostalgia will hold over the long term like star wars. I think the weta pieces are very special. Sideshow's PF's will steal some of the specialness, but as a group, the weta stuff can't be beat.

The Lord of the Rings is a classic trilogy in book and film, so I think the nostalgia will hold over the long term like star wars. I think the weta pieces are very special. Sideshow's PF's will steal some of the specialness, but as a group, the weta stuff can't be beat.

I'll back that 100% man thats a great way of putting it

Same here. WETA made some great stuff. The PF line is too much for me. Money wise and space. The 1/6 figure line, well men playing with dolls. Now Statues I can dig. I also feel WETA gave SS alot of popularity, and buisness.

The few pieces of Sideshow WETA polystone statues that I have from the LOTR line are the pride of my collection. If only I have more space at home and a bigger budget for my hobby, I would definitely have get more of these. Until then, I am extremely satisfied with those few pieces I have. In terms of quality, they are amazing.

I'm going to ride the PF line and then buy statues of the items I really want that they don't produce. A RWOS PF would be their most complicated PF yet...and could be the most impressive. I really want most of the WETA horse pieces. They are very impressive. Would love a Balrog, but not for anywhere near the current price.

I'm going to ride the PF line and then buy statues of the items I really want that they don't produce. A RWOS PF would be their most complicated PF yet...and could be the most impressive. I really want most of the WETA horse pieces. They are very impressive. Would love a Balrog, but not for anywhere near the current price.

Hey Ed, I believe SS has already said there won't be any PF's that include a horse. Understandable when you consider how large a 1/4 scale horse would be.

And here's a shot of a near-completed custom Eomer on Firefoot statue I'm going to be picking up. It's not Weta, but the detailing is fantastic and the cost of $130 unpainted is pretty reasonable, esp. considering the ES is under 50.

Very reasonable. That's an awesome piece. As far as the horses go, I guess a RWOS PF would run more than the current 600.00 ebay rate on the WETA. Guess I'll go shopping.

collectibles have to be sold at the peak of interest, or they drop their value like a rock. the other alternative is to hold on to them for 20 years or so, and hope a retro buyer with a buttload of cash comes a knockin'.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Thats right. And they will come, eventually. The older you get, the more you reflect on your youth. I have found myself reminiscing in the days of old rather frequently, as of late. And those items, whether it be a statue or a skateboard are a part of your history, and represent a special time in your life. And you want to get it back. And it will cost you dearly......

I was looking at skateboard decks recently. Original Powell Peralta Hawk decks from back in the day (Early/Mid 80's)are going for thousands! I used to have several boards.......I sure wish I had kept some of them. I gave them away to all the neighbor kids when I was 18 and moved out.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Thats right. And they will come, eventually. The older you get, the more you reflect on your youth. I have found myself reminiscing in the days of old rather frequently, as of late. And those items, whether it be a statue or a skateboard are a part of your history, and represent a special time in your life. And you want to get it back. And it will cost you dearly......

I was looking at skateboard decks recently. Original Powell Peralta Hawk decks from back in the day (Early/Mid 80's)are going for thousands! I used to have several boards.......I sure wish I had kept some of them. I gave them away to all the neighbor kids when I was 18 and moved out.

I gave away about 250 red line Hot Wheels from the late sixties and early seventies when I enlisted in the Air Force.:banghead:duh

Back