Why are WETA collectables losing there value???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too sold many Weta pieces over the years, yet the better part of my collection remains to stay. I kept the Balrog, Cavetroll, both Moria Orcs, the Stronetrolls and the RoS.
I'm planning to hunt down the WiKi and Sam & Bill once the PF's are announced (which they will eventually). That's the PF's purpose for me. ;)

Hey Ed, I believe SS has already said there won't be any PF's that include a horse. Understandable when you consider how large a 1/4 scale horse would be.

And here's a shot of a near-completed custom Eomer on Firefoot statue I'm going to be picking up. It's not Weta, but the detailing is fantastic and the cost of $130 unpainted is pretty reasonable, esp. considering the ES is under 50.

How can I obtain one?

Always collect things because you LOVE them, not for investment reasons. You'll get burned too much doing that.

Always collect things because you LOVE them, not for investment reasons. You'll get burned too much doing that.

No doubt, brother. I spending ridiculous amounts cash on these and I aim to keep this stuff. Unless desperate times calls for desperate measures, then I might be forced to sell.

i'm hoping when the hobbits hit all the old ss/weta lotr stuff goes down in value, i still have alot on piece on my wish list that i want to buy.:naughty:naughty:naughty

I think the opposite may hold true. There surely will be a renewed interest in LOTR collectibles, particularly those pieces that bridge the gap of the films, such as the Stone Trolls, Gandalf, and Orcs, for example.

I think the opposite may hold true. There surely will be a renewed interest in LOTR collectibles, particularly those pieces that bridge the gap of the films, such as the Stone Trolls, Gandalf, and Orcs, for example.

And Gimli! Just think when they release Gloin, everyone and their mother will be lookin for a SSW Gimli!

P.S. - Check the fer sale area. I think I saw one there! :monkey5

Back