Who's been a member here long enough to remember 'why you deserve?' What are some fun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TDK and Predator brought me to this forum in 2009, although I didn't sign up until 2010. Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker and Wolf Predator were my first 1/6 purchases. At the time I was still posting on the Spawn forum.

Looking back through this thread and my friends list is bittersweet. So many people who signed out years ago never to return.

Honourable mentions to past and present members:

Blade3327 (used to love the review videos)
GeneralZodLives (extremely generous during Spooktacular)
Veil1
Devil_666

Damn... going through this thread made me want to post after who knows how many years. I browse the forum every now and then, but I'm not inclined to post anymore.

Some damn good times on here, especially the old Spooktaculars. Not to mention some of the old characters.

Ahhh...the good ol' days.

-I left the hobby and then returned. I sold my entire Hot Toys/Medicom/Sideshow collection (Mostly Aliens, Predators, Marvel, DC, and some randoms like the Godfather, etc. Also collected G.I. Joe) around early 2010's. I sporadically bought some Hot Toys here-and-there but didn't post much. I'm back collecting but I'm very selection and usually it's narrowed to Hot Toys Marvel and Batman (Batffleck). I collect some Figuarts as well.

-My first Hot Toys was the original AVP Scar Predator. Remember when you had to put your Hot Toys figures together!?!?! The original AVP figures, USCM Marines..etc. It was around the time of their original Superman Returns/Batman Begins figures that Hot Toys really started getting more attention. Geez the prices back then too...about $120-$130 for the Predators, $70-$80ish for the Marines.

-I also remember when Sideshow figures "mattered" and they were pretty good for a while. The horror stuff and then they nabbed the Star Wars license. But once Hot Toys sharpened their game, they left them in the dust.

-I wasn't screwed by Figuremaster Les either. I got my painted Hicks head. I felt bad for the guy as I know he was in a tough financial spot and also responsible for his ailing parents. That doesn't justify his actions though, I kind of remember the "fallout" thread from all that and he ultimately left.

-I remember Shai and his "schtick". Pretty funny guy who painted himself as a ladies' man. He was obsessed with that Sideshow HULK statue that was the hot-seller at the time...

-P!tu is still around, I think he mostly does YouTube videos and posts here VERY INFREQUENTLY. He's had some kids with his wife so I think that keeps him busy. He also started to venture away from Sideshow/Hot Toys and collect mostly Hasbro stuff and other toys you'll find at brick & mortar stores. His antics were hilarious.

Back