Who's been a member here long enough to remember 'why you deserve?' What are some fun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember "why do u deserve". I probably posted it a good 15 or 20 times. :lol

This place died a long time ago for me. I go long periods without visiting this place, then I'll pop in and lurk if I hear about something interesting. It's just not the same. A lot of members here used to have character, but now, they're all gone. The people that are left aren't very exciting and don't really invigorate my interest in this stuff like they used to.

I know one day I'll try and search sideshowcollectors or log on and the url won't even exist anymore. All the memes, all the discussions, all the images, all the memories, they'll be gone. It's been fun though. I got pretty much everything I could want when it comes to collecting dolls, talking movies and contributing in a collector community. Nothing lasts forever, but when times were good, they were really good. I look at the time I wasted from 2008-2011ish very fondly.

As chance would have it, this thread had me logging in again :lol. I rarely visit SSF anymore, but there were some fun times here.

I especially remember the OCD behavior in the Toys Fair Batman 2011 figure thread, and the Hot Toys Reeve Superman thread. I used to go into those threads just to see what Nam was arguing about.

As chance would have it, this thread had me logging in again :lol. I rarely visit SSF anymore, but there were some fun times here.

I especially remember the OCD behavior in the Toys Fair Batman 2011 figure thread, and the Hot Toys Reeve Superman thread. I used to go into those threads just to see what Nam was arguing about.

I remember being a lower-level poster at 6 or 7 posts a day. There were some fun times.

Blackthorne was good value. And DX06 Jack Sparrow's long telescope :lol

This title probably wont make sense to anyone at all haha. I'm 28 next year have been on here since I was 15 if I'm not mistaken. It seems bizzare. I remember Figure Master Les and us all putting in a pot to get his mum a new chair. I remember the youtube golden days when P!tu was putting up videos when the first hot toys avp alien v predator figures were out. I remember statues and figures costing next to nothing compared to what they do now. The board seemed so much friendly and busy back then. What are some of the funniest things you remember about this place?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yeah I remember Pitu, I loved his Medicom and Hot Toys reviews back then. I don't think he collects high end figures anymore, judging by his current content.

And yes you're right, the forums were way, waaaaay friendlier back then. I joined in 2012 and many were courteous and full of enthusiasm about the hobby. I think some of it was due to new collectors joining but overtime they lost interest in the hobby.

I'm also grateful that I've made a few real friends on the forum too. I just wished that I could have kept all my friends. Some ended up seemingly disappearing off the internet, some went drunk and couldn't hold a meaningful conversation anymore, while others just grew apart I guess.

Nowadays I see the forum as a venue for everyone's pessimism. It's unfortunate because this hobby is built on art, and art is suppose to provoke constrictive conversations and it looks like we're all here just to reaffirm our biases and not learn anything new.

Yeah I remember Pitu, I loved his Medicom and Hot Toys reviews back then. I don't think he collects high end figures anymore, judging by his current content.

And yes you're right, the forums were way, waaaaay friendlier back then. I joined in 2012 and many were courteous and full of enthusiasm about the hobby. I think some of it was due to new collectors joining but overtime they lost interest in the hobby.

I'm also grateful that I've made a few real friends on the forum too. I just wished that I could have kept all my friends. Some ended up seemingly disappearing off the internet, some went drunk and couldn't hold a meaningful conversation anymore, while others just grew apart I guess.

Nowadays I see the forum as a venue for everyone's pessimism. It's unfortunate because this hobby is built on art, and art is suppose to provoke constrictive conversations and it looks like we're all here just to reaffirm our biases and not learn anything new.
I've met a fair few people on here. A lot who have actually been in my home to pick things up, everyone was really friendly. I do remember one guy close to when I first joined also sent me some sideshow figures for free given I was quite a young member and it was well known. That was really nice of him. I'm not sure I let him know just how much I valued that given I was young and probably not as appreciative as I should have been. I wish I could thank him again. I've just got no idea what his username was now lol.

You hit the nail on the head with your description of the forums now also. It just all seems a bit pessimistic now.

I remember being a lower-level poster at 6 or 7 posts a day. There were some fun times.

Blackthorne was good value. And DX06 Jack Sparrow's long telescope :lol

The Blackthorne vs. devilof76 debates on existentialism were especially worth the read :lol.

Yeah, Jack Sparrow's long telescope, and then I remember at the same time, Evilface posted about someone who spent $300 on Joker socks :rotfl.

Pepperidge Farm remembers......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Just fell onto this thread and have been reading it. I remember all of the things mentioned. I’ve also been one that lost much interest over here when the whole custom thread and companies threatening to drop ties if customs were promoted issues began. I drop in from time to time but don’t post regularly like back in the day.

Others of that vintage who peeled off around the same time were Intothevoid, Maglor, Maulfan, Elvis1976.

Man, I have seen all of this. Some of these names sure bring back memories. In a way, it's kind of sad when you look back and wonder what happen to some of these people.

This title probably wont make sense to anyone at all haha. I'm 28 next year have been on here since I was 15 if I'm not mistaken. It seems bizzare. I remember Figure Master Les and us all putting in a pot to get his mum a new chair. I remember the youtube golden days when P!tu was putting up videos when the first hot toys avp alien v predator figures were out. I remember statues and figures costing next to nothing compared to what they do now. The board seemed so much friendly and busy back then. What are some of the funniest things you remember about this place?

I remember when Shropt got a 1:1 Bossk bust from Sideshow's CEO just by asking for it.

Grateful to have joined the community when I did. Though I may have only caught its twilight, those two Spooktaculars were a hell of a way to go out.

Just fell onto this thread and have been reading it. I remember all of the things mentioned. I’ve also been one that lost much interest over here when the whole custom thread and companies threatening to drop ties if customs were promoted issues began. I drop in from time to time but don’t post regularly like back in the day.

Man, I so miss Spazzy posting pics of custom stuff he was working on. At least I was able to pick up the custom Lobo birdie hand he did before the forum gutted the custom section. There's a lot of cool members that we don't hear from anymore. Skiman, Bodie, Tavegg, IronLungs, Josh, and Barbarian (among others) are just a few people who made this place interesting for me.

I haven't been here long at all, but I liked talking about when NECA made that weird deal to make 7" DC figures a few years back. Some fun times looking at suits, licensing, etc.

Molecule8 is another thing that comes to mind. :lol

I remember when Shropt got a 1:1 Bossk bust from Sideshow's CEO just by asking for it.

Grateful to have joined the community when I did. Though I may have only caught its twilight, those two Spooktaculars were a hell of a way to go out.

Spook back in the day was the ****. Too bad Sideshow turned them into the bastardization the event is today

Glad I stopped by. Been here for a long bit but mostly in the shadows. Read through the thread and so many names popped up. I've seen a few on IG and other forums. This was a true hobby back in the day. Always have love for the customs over company made. I still have hundreds of pictures saved from over the years of Les, Elvis1976 and others work. I follow skiman on IG on his fitness stuff. I've been struggling with getting out alltogher of the 1/6th world and focusing just on the family. Everytime I'm done something pops up like the Mola Ram we are working on or updating my custom Rick O'connell figure. It was a hobby my wife and I enjoyed together. We used to have custom runs that people could spend 100-200 on and have a cool figure. Now, runs go for 1000 and up. I remember reading the about the groups getting together for ComicCon-always wanted to do that.

Back