Who's been a member here long enough to remember 'why you deserve?' What are some fun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah for sure the Sales forum was great back in the day. Another thing I remember was the buzz from TDK on release. Unfortunatley in hindsight that seemed to be the beginning of the end lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dark knight figures were my gateway to 1/6, and the first time I got screwed out of money paying upfront for a preorder that never came.

In addition to les, DarkArtist was a great talent that I and many others also lost money to.

Another bit of nostalgia might be how sideshow used to have such a great relationship with the board, culminating at Spooktacular. But they slowly moved further and further away from cultivating that kind of support from hardcore collectors. Not even sure if spooktacular exists in any form now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dark knight figures were my gateway to 1/6, and the first time I got screwed out of money paying upfront for a preorder that never came.

In addition to les, DarkArtist was a great talent that I and many others also lost money to.

Another bit of nostalgia might be how sideshow used to have such a great relationship with the board, culminating at Spooktacular. But they slowly moved further and further away from cultivating that kind of support from hardcore collectors. Not even sure if spooktacular exists in any form now.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I got some stuff from Dark Artist years after I ordered. By the time it arrived the majorety of it was really dated but I don't think he actually owed me anything else. I'm not sure if I'm remebering incorrectly but I'm sure Pitu or someone went to see DA about the trouble and recorded it lol. There's been some crazy happenings here.

The hobby really lives on in other areas now like facebook and youtube and sideshow seem to be becoming one of the least respected companies from what I've seen given their QC issues and business practice. Prime 1 seems to be taking centre stage but it's cool to see hot toys still seem to dominate the 1/6 market I guess

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last year’s Spooktacular was definitely the worst ever

Boy that Kurgan army... at times it felt like the Apes thread was at war with them. The first time, and only time, I ever had a post of mine deleted was during that battle. It got pretty nasty.

And Shai Hulud was the the only member I ever blocked. What a worm.

I miss Dusty... back when it felt like Sideshow was really listening to it's fan base.

And those first few SDCC parties were amazing!

I remember when Jen gave away a chunk of her collection, getting into arguments with 'Nam over GI Joe and IrishJedi not liking it when someone pointed out when Sideshow messed up, that didn't happen much.

My favorite times were the waiting for and discussing the Sideshow Exclusive 1/6 Star Wars preorders and the mad scramble to get one. Fried the server many a time at SSC.

Boy those were stressful times!

Odd to think that after all that effort, I don't have many of those figures now. That monkey armed Jedi Luke was the first to go.

When I rocked up Devil_666 was still turning everything into a photoshop comp or gif.

Did we lose him to Prime Geek or does he just not post anywhere anymore?

Someone who can still be found in a variety of interesting 'locations' is The Mike.

Boy those were stressful times!

Odd to think that after all that effort, I don't have many of those figures now. That monkey armed Jedi Luke was the first to go.

Mine are almost all gone too. I just remember constantly refreshing my computer at work hoping I didn’t miss out on an EX trinket. :lol

I forgot about Jen. Didn’t she end up marrying another forum member?

There was also Sovereign Studios and his cigarette smoke laden custom Keaton Batman figures. I bought a few of those and an Indy jacket off him.

Did we lose him to Prime Geek or does he just not post anywhere anymore?

Someone who can still be found in a variety of interesting 'locations' is The Mike.

He was scarce long before the split. Others of that vintage who peeled off around the same time were Intothevoid, Maglor, Maulfan, Elvis1976.

I remember when I found sideshow the Kind Kong Armature was still in stock, first purchase ever was Iron Man legendary scale bust, finding the forum, and actually winning things on Sideshows contests and the early days of Spooktacular... oh and being excited to get in on ordering the invincible iron man comiquette. Those were the good old days

He was scarce long before the split. Others of that vintage who peeled off around the same time were Intothevoid, Maglor, Maulfan, Elvis1976.

Maulfan is still around, mainly in the Godzilla threads, sometimes in the NECA Terminator thread.

Maulfan is still around, mainly in the Godzilla threads, sometimes in the NECA Terminator thread.

Huh, I guess I don't venture as widely as I used to. It was Maulfan's photography the led me to this site in the first place.

There’s “sell everything off” leave the hobby and “done adding to the collection” leave the hobby.

Be interesting to see who did what over time.

I imagine that several years from now I may keep only a small handful of key pieces or even be entirely done if my interests and aesthetics move on, but that would fit my personality.

I wonder how it pans out for others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back