Whoever knew that soul searching was required to collect these?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously though, my wife and I just had a 20 minute discussion about the pros and cons of owning:

A Premium Format or two with the hopes that funds will allow more to follow
Lots of SW 12 inchers
Lots of LOTR 12 inchers
Some key SW 12 inchers AND some key LOTR 12 inch characters

This all came about of course when I informed her that:

1. We had Aragorn on preorder and
2. He's shipping in a few days :lol

I make a decision about my collecting goals. I'm a SW 12 inch completist. Then I see how awesome PF Leia and some PF displays look. Okay now I'm PF only. Then Jabba is announced. Back to only 12 inchers plus Jabba. Then I see some 12 inch production pics. Back to PF only. Then I see more Jabba coverage and how sweet the SDCC LOTR 12 inch display looked and some really good Aragorn production pics. Plus DarkArtist is working his magic on my Obi-Wan/Anakin figures as I type this. Waffling again....

I'm leaning toward getting just key members of both the SW and LOTR 12 inch lines. So SS previews PF Captain America. You've got to be flipping kidding me! :google

Ah, the life of a SS collector. I have no idea what my collection will ultimately look like or will be comprised of. But it'll be expensive and look hella cool. :chew

Khev said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Seriously though, my wife and I just had a 20 minute discussion about the pros and cons of owning:

A Premium Format or two with the hopes that funds will allow more to follow
Lots of SW 12 inchers
Lots of LOTR 12 inchers
Some key SW 12 inchers AND some key LOTR 12 inch characters

This all came about of course when I informed her that:

1. We had Aragorn on preorder and
2. He's shipping in a few days :lol

I make a decision about my collecting goals. I'm a SW 12 inch completist. Then I see how awesome PF Leia and some PF displays look. Okay now I'm PF only. Then Jabba is announced. Back to only 12 inchers plus Jabba. Then I see some 12 inch production pics. Back to PF only. Then I see more Jabba coverage and how sweet the SDCC LOTR 12 inch display looked and some really good Aragorn production pics. Plus DarkArtist is working his magic on my Obi-Wan/Anakin figures as I type this. Waffling again....

I'm leaning toward getting just key members of both the SW and LOTR 12 inch lines. So SS previews PF Captain America. You've got to be flipping kidding me! :google

Ah, the life of a SS collector. I have no idea what my collection will ultimately look like or will be comprised of. But it'll be expensive and look hella cool. :chew
I know how you feel. I am the same way. I am always trying to decide what I am going to keep or cancel.

I can't imagine that there is a member here who hasn't been down this road Khev, and the ol' "just get what you like line" doesn't really work. WE LIKE EVERYTHING (or most everything) that is announced. :horror

Collections have an ebb and flow to them, you are always clearing space and adding more. One bit of advice, stick with the PF! :lol

Man, I am going down this same road as we speak. I have so much stuff on pre-order I have no idea how the frell I am going to pay for all of it. And now, I am eyeing the exclusive Elektra statuette but know I can't afford it until the end of this month.

Not to also add that I have some GG on pre-order as well.

Worse of all, I don't want to cancel any of it.

I think I need a second job.

I have decided to rethink some of my orders as well... I really really really really really want Bib, Jabba et al, and Leia Boushh... I just don't know how I am going to be able to afford them, or which ones, or whatever... I may cancell Jabba (I would still keep the creature pack though)... I am hoping my monetary situation changes between now and then... Soul searching is right...

I mean I am not into the "excess" thing at all. Is it excess and greedy to want everything? Does it make me a glutton? If not, am I just guilting myself into believing that it is gluttony so I will feel better about canceling? :monkey2

I'm not into the "excess" thing at all myself, nor a completist. I didn't bother to order Bib, Jabba, or the throne room, simply because that was way out of my range. I did order Boushh Leia, though.

The best thing I can tell you is to drop what you can live without. I really wanted to get a Subject 5 but I only have so much money set aside for my SS items. I knew Anakin and Freddy would be coming around this same time and I had to cancel one of the three. The odd figure out was Subject 5 because I have all of the SW and the Noes figures and I could get the zombie down the road somewhere. I don't regret not getting him one bit and now I am leaning toward dropping Jabba and the SW line altogether and concentrate on the PF figures of the Universal Monsters. Sorry if this dont make any sense I am working and typing at the same time :D

I just cancelled all of my exclusive 12" LOTR figures so that I can stay with the PF line instead. I chose quality over quantity--it's going to be rough seeing so many cool characters come out that I won't be getting, but I want to have a full set of the PFs and don't have the space or money for both lines. So yes, I did some soul searching as well. (The next battle is between Marvel and Star Wars, and I'm still waiting to come to a decision there.)

Funny, but I made the opposite decision. I decided to go with the 12" line instead of the PF line, simply because the 12" lines are cheaper and affordable for me.

But with more and more 12" inch figures coming out, now I am starting to wonder if that was the right choice.

Boba Fett said:
Funny, but I made the opposite decision. I decided to go with the 12" line instead of the PF line, simply because the 12" lines are cheaper and affordable for me.

But with more and more 12" inch figures coming out, now I am starting to wonder if that was the right choice.

Thats what my wife said. If you look at the 12" SW figures thats out right now that would buy a PF figure or two.

pixletwin said:
I have decided to rethink some of my orders as well... I really really really really really want Bib, Jabba et al, and Leia Boushh... I just don't know how I am going to be able to afford them, or which ones, or whatever... I may cancell Jabba (I would still keep the creature pack though)... I am hoping my monetary situation changes between now and then... Soul searching is right...

I mean I am not into the "excess" thing at all. Is it excess and greedy to want everything? Does it make me a glutton? If not, am I just guilting myself into believing that it is gluttony so I will feel better about canceling? :monkey2

Ya know, i'm SOOOO glad that Sideshow is giving us Jabba this early in the game. Because Jabba is one of those things I'd get for sure. It's a sort of 'holy grail' for me. I'm just glad I'll be getting it now so I have 'more' space for it. Also, no more wishing that they'd make a Jabba. It's here! They'll make everyone else like Vader, Fett, Stormtroopers, etc for sure, no doubt. Jabba was the one I always had in question.

And I imagine it would be so much harder for all of us financially and space-wise if they released Jabba in another year or so. Down the road we'd have like 30 of these figures... and then Jabba would seem a lot more excessive than he does now.

Such a good time for star wars collecting!

Yes, lots of things to spend money on in Star Wars land right now!

I have all of the 12" figures so far and had hoped to get the whole line, but the Endor Rebels have made me do a lot of thinking about that. Eventually, I will run out of room, and I can't afford to pay $60 a piece (and more) for something that is going to sit unseen in my closet. I ordered the bundle, but this is the first time I have had second thoughts about being a completist. Eventually, I am going to have to say no to something. What a sad, sad day that will be...

tomandshell said:
Yes, lots of things to spend money on in Star Wars land right now!

I have all of the 12" figures so far and had hoped to get the whole line, but the Endor Rebels have made me do a lot of thinking about that. Eventually, I will run out of room, and I can't afford to pay $60 a piece (and more) for something that is going to sit unseen in my closet. I ordered the bundle, but this is the first time I have had second thoughts about being a completist. Eventually, I am going to have to say no to something. What a sad, sad day that will be...

For me that day was when I saw Jabba at SDCC. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

SDCC 2006... it was the best of times... it was the worst of times.

tomandshell said:
I ordered the bundle, but this is the first time I have had second thoughts about being a completist. Eventually, I am going to have to say no to something.

I'm just curious, Tom... if SS announced a Hoth Rebel soldiers bundle next month -- same deal $180 for 3 -- would you reconsider your Endor bundle to pay for Hoth... or buy both sets? I guess I'm just curious what you would cut if you had to.

Wor-Gar said:
I'm just curious, Tom... if SS announced a Hoth Rebel soldiers bundle next month -- same deal $180 for 3 -- would you reconsider your Endor bundle to pay for Hoth... or buy both sets? I guess I'm just curious what you would cut if you had to.

Faced with that decision, right now I would dump Endor and go for Hoth. The Endor troopers will go along with almost every type of Imperial out there, but the Hoth guys will only go with Snowtroopers. But they are from ESB!! So that's how I would choose if my hand was forced.

tomandshell said:
Faced with that decision, right now I would dump Endor and go for Hoth. The Endor troopers will go along with almost every type of Imperial out there, but the Hoth guys will only go with Snowtroopers. But they are from ESB!! So that's how I would choose if my hand was forced.

I feel the same way.

Of all the possible "Rebel" forces, the only grouping I would consider -- meaning buying the bundle -- would be Hoth rebels. They just have the best outfits.

Give me a Probot and a mini ion canon and I'm set!

I'm thinking that I may just do the Clones and Imperials when it comes to the Miltary line. I'm just not enamored with the Rebel Troops (any version of them) and that may be the deciding factor for me.

Wor-Gar said:

You guys are scaring me with these "what if" scenarios! All these toys! gaaah! It's a happy thought and yet... a scary one.

I have decided I only want main characters... I think... But as soon as I've written that I think: well I really want Bib and Jabba is a main character..

Guh. Oh the tedium we who live in an industrialised country have to live with... :lol

Of all the possible "Rebel" forces, the only grouping I would consider -- meaning buying the bundle -- would be Hoth rebels. They just have the best outfits.

Here! Here! I would drop my order and go for these if that was the case.

Back