Who would you lilke to play Bilbo in Hobbit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you like to be Bilbo Baggins

• Elijah Woods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Black

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtb

Super Freak
Reaction score
There has been a lot of speculations about who will be Bilbo Baggins in the next movie. I am not sure if a poll has been done. If not, lets see if our favourite actor is going to be easy (or difficult) to be sculpted as Elijah Woods!

P.S. Some speculate to be James McAvoy... how do you find him to be Bilbo?

I can't choose any of the ones on the list...

Elijah Wood is Frodo so having him play Bilbo won't work.
Ian Holm is too old
James McAvoy doesn't scream 'Bilbo' to me.
Jack Black....er....no.

My choice goes to........

Martin Freeman

I thought it when I saw "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and I still think he would make a perfect Bilbo.

Agree....Wood = Frodo, Holm is too old, and I'm not a fan of Jack Black. McAvoy has the acting chops IMO and although he may not necessarily look like Holm or a hobbit (a bit too angular facially), I wouldn't mind him taking on Bilbo.

How about Derek Jacobi? Isn't he, like, the only British actor of his generation not to be in LOTR?

Jacobi is too old IMO. Really I think the best option (and the most likely, I hope) is missing from this poll.

Martin Freeman. I picked James McAvoy but only because Freeman was missing. (and no, I am not talking about the black guy... Thats Morgan Freeman).

Martin Freeman:
Timcanterbury.jpg

Morgan Freeman:
244.freeman.morgan.092806.jpg

Martin Freeman for Bilbo! :rock :joy :rock

I am going with Ian Holm. If you have read the books...you know he is most assuredly NOT too old. Between the 2 stories, he did not age. The ring kept him as he looked when he was like 50 or 60 (Hobbit years old). He aged rapidly after giving the ring to Frodo and it's effects wore off of him. Ian Holm could easily be made-up to keep his age at about the same as the beginning of FOTR.

And as for the acrobatics needed for the role...the same computer tricks that made Ewan and Liam such great Jedi warriors could make Ian a great spider fighter.

Yes, he will narrate or provide a bookend flashback scene, etc. What I don't think he will do is embark upon an international two year grueling location shoot in his 80's.

I love Jack Black but I can't picture why anyone would think he would make a good Bilbo.

Why isn't Martin Freeman amongst the poll choices?

I really think he'd be perfect!

--Chris

After seeing GDT on Kimmel I see him making the perfect choice. It was cool seeing his little book with all his HB stuff and He may have to get a few of those for the Hobbit and that unamed prequel.:D

At 76, Ian is still perfectly vital. He could do Bilbo right now, standing on his head. And could likely do the stunts himself as well...

well...OK...maybe not the stunts.

I agree with Martin Freeman...than McAvoy. Though McAvoy doesn't look like much of a Baggins to me, I'm sure with makeup they could make it believable. Martin looks like he would fit right in....plus I think he would do a great job with the role.

I can't choose any of the ones on the list...

Elijah Wood is Frodo so having him play Bilbo won't work.
Ian Holm is too old
James McAvoy doesn't scream 'Bilbo' to me.
Jack Black....er....no.

My choice goes to........

Martin Freeman

I thought it when I saw "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and I still think he would make a perfect Bilbo.

i like that idea.

Back