Who would be interested in Predator Legendary Scale Busts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator Legendary Scale Busts?

• Hells yea!

Votes: 47 59.5%
  • Nope...no interest

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Possibly...would have to see a proto

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
Here is the head from my 1:4 scale maquette...imagine it in half scale!
CIMG1669.jpg

I'm with prefused on this one, and that is the reason I eventually sold my 1:1 Alien bust and the 1:4 Queen bust. Instead of enjoying what is there, a bust just makes me want to see the rest of it and wish there was more. Busts frustrate me, especially when they are in 1/6 like Gentle Giant loves to do. If you've done a great sculpt all the way to its ass, just give it friggin' legs and finish it.

I suppose a bust is somewhat like a 3-D protrait without a frame, but without that defining border, I just don't like them.

And for me, the LSB have tended to have weird interpretations, oddly tilted heads, and sad faces. So far, my least favorite format. I do think the scale is very good though.

yeah but what % of collectors could afford a 7'6 statue? Extremely small, I will be fortunate to have owned 2 at this point in my life, but its safe to say, I may never be able to get another the rest of my life, so busts are great for me, the size and detail that goes into them is really remarkable and lets face it, there arent very many quality life size pieces out there to begin with. Look at how many preds there are in existence, only a millionaire could afford life size pieces of all of them, so getting a huge representation of the character at a fraction of the cost is very appealing to me, but to each his own :duff I would consider LSB's, but they would have to have a unique sculpt to them cause I have some of the life size pieces.

I just meant that I prefer a full body in smaller scale as opposed to a partial body in larger or lifesize scale. I currently own nothing lifesize except an upainted Gremlins 2 Mowhawk model kit by Kaiyodo. Even that's too bulky IMO.

Im sure Sideshow has already discussed this behind closed doors - and my guess is that we will see it happen at some point in the very near future.

Seems like a no-brainer considering how well the Marvel and LOTR LSB's have done for them.

I have a feeling they may wait for the SW LSB line to get in full motion and then we'll see them branch out into these movie franchises.
Plus with the new Predators movie this year, and the new Alien movie coming in the next 1-2 years there will be a lot of re-interest in these franchises again from the casual collector and fan.

I don't know. It would have to be REALLY good.
I'd rather have 1:1 busts if I get a bust.

What are you, the spellcheck police? My sincerest apologies for having mistakenly added an extra letter to the word.

Wouldn't want to make you any more dizzy from these "loops" I'm throwing you through. How did this message come out? :rolleyes:

:rotfl yup sure am the spellcheck police. I haven't gotten my badge from the back of the comic I was reading, so I really can't arrest you. However, I do have the "stick up someone's ass" badge. I'm here to let you know you have a stick up your ass.

As I said I wasn't poking fun, but if you can't tell I am now.:banana

Last edited:
I hope you guys want these, I asked Tom and he just confirmed they are coming in the Fantacular live chat

coming when though?............they dont elaborate on anything in that chat, its like impossible to get them to answer your question, then when they do, its like a strait yes or no answer. I asked about the Predator bust or Maquette, but they were like its coming sooner than later, and its like well which one is coming? and what constitutes as "sooner"?

I would absolutely buy an original Predator LSB if Sideshow did a good job on it.

I would absolutely buy an original Predator LSB if Sideshow did a good job on it.

Key point right there.^^

they have a chance to make it or break it.. if SS does release some I really hope they don't flake on the quality and F it up...

coming when though?............they dont elaborate on anything in that chat, its like impossible to get them to answer your question, then when they do, its like a strait yes or no answer. I asked about the Predator bust or Maquette, but they were like its coming sooner than later, and its like well which one is coming? and what constitutes as "sooner"?

Yea, I have no idea when, but he did say that we can expect the next Predator item within the next 2 months, so that gives us Predator fans something to look forward to.

Yea, I have no idea when, but he did say that we can expect the next Predator item within the next 2 months, so that gives us Predator fans something to look forward to.

next two months huh..........i bet its from the new Predator movie :banghead:banghead:banghead

Oh yeah, you KNOW they're going to cash in on that one.

well theres no way I'm going to PO anything from this movie before I see it...........I dont collect dios, props or bios anymore, so its safe to say there arent too many items from this movie that will prolly interest me. :monkey3

well theres no way I'm going to PO anything from this movie before I see it...........I dont collect dios, props or bios anymore, so its safe to say there arent too many items from this movie that will prolly interest me. :monkey3

The only thing I'm really interested in getting (so far) is the NECA figures from this movie.

Back