Who will get the license to make Conan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost: ^^^ This. If Sly can make a comeback so can Arnie.

images

I don't think this'll happen anytime soon. Not while he's still governor, anyway.

I too am an old Conan fan. I grew up on the comics and books before the 80's movies. I'm really looking forward to the new Conan movie since it is supposed to be following the original REH stories closer!
An Arnold Conan would be a very welcome addition, but a Momoa Conan would be fantastic! I always wanted a quality Conan figure back in the day, so a Conan figure of Hot toys calibur would be a dream come true.

:goodpost:

Well I think that's the difference between the ones (like me) who like Conan and the ones who just like Arnold.
I liked Conan comics even before I watched at the 80's films and I've been reading Conan comics and books since I was a kid so I'm happy to have a new movie.

I can appreciate that. Before my time though.

It'll be interesting to see what Arnold does after his term as governor ends. I hope he makes a Sly-style comeback!

:goodpost: ^^^ This. If Sly can make a comeback so can Arnie.

images

:lecture:lecture:lecture The remake will fade into oblivion with all the other remake trash in Hollywood. Arnold's perfect for King Conan. Adapt Conan the Conqueror with Arnold in the lead and call the franchise closed. As for the figure, it's Arnold Conan or GTFO. And with what they've been doing with the newer bodies like Perseus, HT'd nail it perfectly.

I would guess Hot Toys will get the Jason Momoa-Conan license since it landed The Expendables deal. Both Marcus Nispel's Conan film and Sylvelster Stallone's The Expendables were produced by Nu Image/Millennium Films, so I would assume a deal is already in place ... Can't wait!!

Nothing said by Hot Toys about Conan franchise :(

If that's not HT I hope at least Enterbay will get the license to make the New Momoa's Conan figures. They did a great work with Storm Warriors...

Looks like an extra on an episode of Xena.

Lame.

Have to agree... I'll still probably give the movie a shot just in the hopes it doesn't suck. But I have a feeling it will be godawful.

And, zero interest in who gets the license as I don't need any product from it.

This New Conan reminds me of the Failed attempt 'the Rock' did (the scorpian king)

Hot Toys will be making (real)Conan figures soon enough anyway.

That would be awesome... and if they don't; I think the new T-800 would be a great base to start off on. The T2 was pretty good, but the sculpt is just a bit old looking for Arnold when he played Conan.

That would be awesome... and if they don't; I think the new T-800 would be a great base to start off on. The T2 was pretty good, but the sculpt is just a bit old looking for Arnold when he played Conan.

Yup, where theres a will theres a way.

I'll just wait for HTs though.

Yeah, I was working on one after the T2 came out; but after I got the PF from Josh I just sold of the extra figure. Still have the other bits though (sword, outfit pieces, etc.) if I decide to take another crack at it.

I'd love a Conan Arnie figure by HT, I'd also love a Brad Pitt Troy & a Russell Crowe From Gladiator, sorry I'm coming of the subject now but hey you never know, I wouldn't even call it along shot, other than the T800 or Dutch who's a more iconic Arnie charcter, I can't think?

Yeah, I was working on one after the T2 came out; but after I got the PF from Josh I just sold of the extra figure. Still have the other bits though (sword, outfit pieces, etc.) if I decide to take another crack at it.

do it..............i still have a 2nd one in the que as well. just wanted to get a dutch sculpt as it seems he is the younger looking of the ht sculpts and seem to lend to the conan look better.

Back