Who will be the next Star Wars PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anakin1138

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that the Comicon is over... Which SW character will be produced in Premium Format next?
As always my guess is The Emperor:emperor ...
With Leia, Luke & Yoda, Boba Fett coming in the next months... I think, aside from chewie and the Droids, Palpatine is the main character we are missing...

Let's start this guessing game...

anakin1138 said:
Now that the Comicon is over... Which SW character will be produced in Premium Format next?
As always my guess is The Emperor:emperor ...
With Leia, Luke & Yoda, Boba Fett coming in the next months... I think, aside from chewie and the Droids, Palpatine is the main character we are missing...

Let's start this guessing game...

I think it wil be ROTJ Emperor and I would be thrilled with that. There are only a few PF's left that I will buy

1. Emperor
2. Chewie
3. 3PO and R2
4. Stormtrooper
5. Yoda by himself

After those, it gets iffy for me since I decided to go beyond just Jedi/Sith in the 12" line. I guess I would add a Royal guard or two to go with the Emperor. I will most likely not do any PT characters other that if they did a Kit Fisto which I never expect.

The Emperor sounds like a pretty good choice. I just hope whichever one it is I don't want it or it doesn't come around for awhile :lol

I too think it will be the Emperor ROTJ version. :emperor

I'd like to see sideshow do c3po and r2d2 but this will be more than likely released next may in time for the 30th anniversary of star wars. I'd also like to see Chewbacca or a stormtrroper from ANH.

I sure hope it is the Emperor :emperor , and as was mentioned there are only a few more that I would want:

1) Emperor
2) Stormies
3) C3PO and R2
4) Chewy

.... I think that would be it.

I'm going to have to go 'against' the consensus and say the next PF is going to be either a Storm Trooper or C3PO. I'm just not getting "Emporor" vibes, for some reason... :rolleyes: :lol :lol :emperor

Well according to Brant in the interview I did with him the next PF announcement will come in late August or Early Sept.

Any plans of a PF Anakin or another Ep3 PF soon?

The PF line is going strong, and there is another announcement in the works. Probably sometime in late August or early September.

I'd like to see Maul next of course but I know eventually he'll get made. Way too popular to not have one.

I'd also take Sidious prefer ROTS version but would take ROTJ. Stormies, Clones (501st or shock), 3PO, R2, Qui-Gon, Dooku,

Whatever the announcement would be, I guess I'm slowly running out of display space and money! at the rate I'm buying all the SW PF figures.

At some point, I suppose I need to be selective as not all characters would be must-have for me. I'm trying not to think too much about it but when the day comes.........:monkey2

DarthRamuk said:
At some point, I suppose I need to be selective as not all characters would be must-have for me.

One thing I appreciate about this line is the way that Sidehshow has been fairly selective in their production. They understand that the size and expense of these things is well suited for major characters in classic settings, and that's what they've given us. Seeing Gruson's ANH display all together gives some appreciation of the "master plan" in hindsight.

I enjoy something like a GG mini-bust for rep's of minor characters. Of course, it can be that one fan's minor character is another's favorite.

ps
I seem to recall a rumour that the SW PF line would stop at around 20 major players. Does anyone else recall if this was "official" (plans change of course) or imagined?

My prediction next?

Gotta be R2 & 3PO.

When I first saw the CC images coming in from San Diego and got a glimpse of the full size sculpts, I was sure they were the long speculated PF's -- until I saw the person standing next to them. :lol

I could also go for a Stormie. A plain-old classic OT StormTrooper. I like the colored PT clone variants as GG busts, but for the 1/4 scale, I don't think you can beat the plain white. :cool:

Hey now... why no love for the original bad mutha' ###### - Lando in Bespin pimpin' outfit? His exclusive could be an ice cream churn full of Colt .45 for when Wilrood drops by.. :lol

But serious, I think it will be another ESB figure. They seem to be going in movie "lots" and we only have 2 ESB so far. A Lando, or a Chewie with C3-PO on his back would go well with Boba.

Also, wouldn't it be cool if they threw us a curve ball and the next one was Han in Carbonite to go with Boba? I have resisted the urge to order Boba.. but a HiC would change that equation instantly.

I second your list Josh. There are still about 40 SW PF's I'd like to see made, but doubt I'll see half of them. Hopefully, those that don't make it into the PF line make it in the 1:1 bust line (Shaak Ti, Kit, etc.). If we get another PF announced from the OT, I think it'll be Emperor Palps; otherwise, it'll either be Qui-Gon or Maul.

jlcmsu said:
Well according to Brant in the interview I did with him the next PF announcement will come in late August or Early Sept.

Any plans of a PF Anakin or another Ep3 PF soon?

The PF line is going strong, and there is another announcement in the works. Probably sometime in late August or early September.

I'd like to see Maul next of course but I know eventually he'll get made. Way too popular to not have one.

I'd also take Sidious prefer ROTS version but would take ROTJ. Stormies, Clones (501st or shock), 3PO, R2, Qui-Gon, Dooku,

Mini-Rock said:
I second your list Josh. There are still about 40 SW PF's I'd like to see made, but doubt I'll see half of them. Hopefully, those that don't make it into the PF line make it in the 1:1 bust line (Shaak Ti, Kit, etc.). If we get another PF announced from the OT, I think it'll be Emperor Palps; otherwise, it'll either be Qui-Gon or Maul.

Yeah, I think those are your three best bets for the next PF. I'd have to say I think Sidious/Palps is your best bet right now. Since we have nothing on him then a couple more PF then Maul.

Back