Who lives in your backyard?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this little guy at the back door (eastern spine bill). Must have run into the window & knocked himself out.

Few minutes in the hand and he was good to go. :1-1:

P1000356rez.jpg

P1000357rez.jpg

Cool!

I saw a few Brown snakes last summer in the yard, luckily I haven't seen any tiger snakes for a while - those guys scare the ____ outa me, they're called tiger snakes for a reason!

Nice idea for a thread btw Allison! I'll have to take some more pics of the locals to share.

I was going to keep that scorpion in my office, but the wind blew the bucket over and he got away.

Damnit!

At the moment we have Conker the squirrel, he eats out of our hands, big fave of my youngest daughter-
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vur96eAj4P4"]YouTube - ‪DSCF0015‬‏[/ame]

We also have a mouse that doesn't seem to mind us getting pretty close-
mouse1.jpg

mouse2.jpg

A frog-
frog.jpg

frog2.jpg

And a nest of baby pidgeons a while back-
pid1.jpg

pid2.jpg

I have a groundhog that lives under the shed. Damn thing won't let anybody come within 25 feet of the thing before it scurries back into it's burrow. Tried taking pics this morning...but alas...too tricky for me...

At the moment we have Conker the squirrel, he eats out of our hands, big fave of my youngest daughter-
YouTube - ‪DSCF0015‬‏

Cool! That's a great video. :) Great pictures, too.

My grandparents took in a baby squirrel and kept it as a pet for a couple of years. They said it was as smart as any dog they ever had. They let it run freely outside. My grandpa would call it and it would run over to him and climb up on his shoulder. At night it slept inside their house.

Cool! That's a great video. :) Great pictures, too.

My grandparents took in a baby squirrel and kept it as a pet for a couple of years. They said it was as smart as any dog they ever had. They let it run freely outside. My grandpa would call it and it would run over to him and climb up on his shoulder. At night it slept inside their house.

Well this one is 100% wild, just very curious and friendly, loves pistachios too-

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCtV-3DtltM&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - ‪Conker Strikes Back‬‏[/ame]

That's really cute!

My squirrels are friendly till they see my dog. He won't hurt them but they won't have anything to do with me if they see or hear my dog.

Seen 2 urban rabbits in my backyard yesterday. Grey rabbits who don't seem to be afraid of me but won't let me get within 5 feet.

Wookster what the hell? do you live in a disney movie??

Yeah, sometimes I sing in a high staccato operatic voice while bluebirds and unicorns dress me in the morning... it's just how I roll!

Well this one is 100% wild, just very curious and friendly, loves pistachios too-

YouTube - ‪Conker Strikes Back‬‏
Damn J, that is just too cool :rock

I miss having little animals (and bigger foxes) and a garden for that matter. Where I used to live in Glasgow we backed on to a park but none of the squirrells were that friendly (glaswegian squirrels :wink1: :lol)
You are very lucky to have that little piece of paradise, thanks for sharing sweetie :clap
x :wave

Back