Who lives in your backyard?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's two of my brothers and I. You can see the gator's head in the water. There were two in the water, but we could only get a picture of that one.

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0402cropped.jpg

pd1234322.jpg

All I know about him is that his name is Gary and he served in Nam. Im not sure which side.

Every few days or so I poke him with a stick to make sure hes not dead. If I want him to dissapear becuase I have a lady coming over or something, all I have to do is yell "INCOMING!!!!" and he gets up and sprints away. I don't know what he does when hes gone, but once he came back with Mickey Mouse ears and a ticket stub to Disneyworld.

:lol:lol:lol

We have a lot of frog pictures. Couldn't find the pheasant pics, but maybe it's just as well - I think they all were blurry.

IMG_9193.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

Yea, Allison live in some nice house....wonder who and how the bills get paid.

Trust me, there isn't anyone ELSE paying the bills.:lol Hard work and good jobs are huge factors; having a good tenant in the Florida house right now also helps. :) Even then I sometimes wonder how the bills get paid. :lol

Trust me, there isn't anyone ELSE paying the bills.:lol Hard work and good jobs are huge factors; having a good tenant in the Florida house right now also helps. :) Even then I sometimes wonder how the bills get paid. :lol

Good answer. Trust me, that pond, river, etc looks like it might be an area that I can live off of. You get those cat fish that walk on land or snakeshead fish around? I've heard of cat fish that walk around on land when a thunderstorm or rain season is on. Cause I tried gator meat when I was at Memphis, Tennessee and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Maybe I got a bad part/serving. That gator looks like it can be delicious if cooked right. Maybe the catfish/snakeshead too. You don't need a license to catch em do you? I know I would need a deer license in my state but I am not into deer....just about harmless creature. Gators, we don't need as much in Florida, I assume. I am sure they repopulated themself already.

[ame="https://youtu.be/A_8tWFbvQ98"]https://youtu.be/A_8tWFbvQ98[/ame]

Last edited:
That is a pond on a golf course. I'm not sure if it's manmade and I don't know what other critters might live there. We have only been down there a few times, but my grandparents live on that street. I'll ask them if anything else lives there.

I have tried gator meat and shark on one of our trips there. I thought they were both good.

That is a pond on a golf course. I'm not sure if it's manmade and I don't know what other critters might live there. We have only been down there a few times, but my grandparents live on that street. I'll ask them if anything else lives there.

I have tried gator meat and shark on one of our trips there. I thought they were both good.

You are brave to try shark. I haven't tried that one. I suppose once in awhile won't be bad as they said about high mercury content in em. Probably not as bad as giant tuna. But of course tuna just looks more appetizing.

Back