Who is/was the best Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best superman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some will say this poll will be a landslide, but there seems to be enough folks to sway that we'll see.

Personally i think Brandon was great as Superman. But he was practically imitating Christopher and that's no bad thing. Dean Cain can suck a hard one as far as i'm concerned. And Henry has great potential, but i'd like to see more of his "Clark" to be sure. But for me there will never be ANYONE that did what Christopher Reeve did.

I didn't include Tom cause well he was Clark most of the time.

Last edited:
No question about it.

2hzof1h.jpg

Reeve definitely but Cavill's certainly got the look as much as Reeve did. And probably moreso in terms of his build.

There were plenty of Supermen, but there's only one Superman. Christopher Reeve.

Reeve definitely but Cavill's certainly got the look as much as Reeve did. And probably moreso in terms of his build.

Reeve was super skinny when he got the part and had a trainer work on him for a short while. Thing is, back then he just needed to just put on some muscle, there were no expectations for him to be ripped like Cavill undoubtedly was in preparation for the role. I genuinely believe if Reeve was required to put on the same amount of muscle, he would.

Reeve was super skinny when he got the part and had a trainer work on him for a short while. Thing is, back then he just needed to just put on some muscle, there were no expectations for him to be ripped like Cavill undoubtedly was in preparation for the role. I genuinely believe if Reeve was required to put on the same amount of muscle, he would.

And nowadays if you through 10-20lb of muscle on you're an "actor." Reeve gave one of those performances for the character that will never be surpassed, ever. And he didn't need to be built like a Panzer Tank to convince you he was Superman, because he WAS Superman.

David Prowse (yes, Darth Vader) was Reeve's personal trainer while filming Superman 1&2. Reeve actually put on a bit of muscle weight by the time Lester took over directing, so his appearance changes occasionally during S2. There was a one year hiatus when Donner was fired. Margo Kidder became more gaunt during this time. In all the scenes where she looks worse he looks better.

I realize that for most people they watched reeves as a child and no one can ever compare to a childhood hero.i to loved reeves supes as a child but I also recently rewatched the reeves supes movies and to be honest they do not hold up.all of them except the first was totally ridicules and they would be a joke if they were released today.how would people react today if Lois died and Henry cavail supes reverses the earths rotation and turns back time?thats just one of the many ridicules moments in those movies that just make the movies outdated and not good.i can sit down and watch Star Wars,rocky,or terminator with my kid and after we both agree 20-30 years later it's still a good movie,if they were released today it would still be enjoyable .you can't say that about reeves superman movies,maybe the first one is not horrible but the rest of them are unwatchable now for someone who didn't grow up with these movies.

Who was that guy that starred in four Superman movies over the course of the most impressionable years of most of the members here?

I bet he wins.

I realize that for most people they watched reeves as a child and no one can ever compare to a childhood hero.i to loved reeves supes as a child but I also recently rewatched the reeves supes movies and to be honest they do not hold up.all of them except the first was totally ridicules and they would be a joke if they were released today.how would people react today if Lois died and Henry cavail supes reverses the earths rotation and turns back time?thats just one of the many ridicules moments in those movies that just make the movies outdated and not good.i can sit down and watch Star Wars,rocky,or terminator with my kid and after we both agree 20-30 years later it's still a good movie,if they were released today it would still be enjoyable .you can't say that about reeves superman movies,maybe the first one is not horrible but the rest of them are unwatchable now for someone who didn't grow up with these movies.

I have a thread for ya.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134299

Certainly, no doubt of that. As you say different requirements for different times.

Who was that guy that starred in four Superman movies over the course of the most impressionable years of most of the members here?

I bet he wins.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Yeah but still.....

There were only two Keaton films made, and they didn't begin until the 80's were basically over.

As far as most are concerned there were only two Christopher Reeve Superman movies made as well.:rotfl:lecture (And most here were still kids/early teens in the late 80's)

Back