who is tired of hollyweird re-doing movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have, and I guess my statement was full of hyperbole. But re-makes tend to be blatant rip-offs of the originals. Write something new, come up with NEW ideas, don't rely on cool sound tracks and fancy effects/CGness. Not to denigrate the awesome work on the Thing, but there are more examples of re-makes that suck balz than not.

I think the focus deserves to be put on the crap quality of the filmmaking and not the stories they choose to retell. Opting for unoriginal stories is an easy way for someone with no ideas to fake it, but it's just a symptom. It's not the disease.

I think reboots have better potential than remakes. At least for a reboot, if the audience understands what that means then it can change expectations, and allow the creative forces behind the film to put their own spin on a story and characters.

The problem with remakes is you are touching something that has the potential to mean many different things to different people for different reasons. While the powers that be in Hollywood might have had the best of intentions with the remake, it's probably next to impossible to predict the reaction fans of the previous incarnation will have.

I think reboots have better potential than remakes. At least for a reboot, if the audience understands what that means then it can change expectations, and allow the creative forces behind the film to put their own spin on a story and characters.

The problem with remakes is you are touching something that has the potential to mean many different things to different people for different reasons. While the powers that be in Hollywood might have had the best of intentions with the remake, it's probably next to impossible to predict the reaction fans of the previous incarnation will have.

I do agree with you there. Prequels are also the go with the new Alien prequel Prometheus being filmed now. A reboot that is quite different from the original isn't such a bad idea. The way they handled Star Trek was well done imo and I know fans of the original enjoyed the new version. Same for BSG, some hated the drastic changes, but others felt it was different enough from the original to not just be a re make, but a whole new re imagining. Just re filming a movie that uses the exact same plot and scenes of the original really isn't the way to go.

Back