who is going to buy Hulkbuster - Hot Toys - Kind of undecided....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aha, not that I was going to spend that much on a Hot Toy anyway (my most expensive purchase honour goes to the quarter scale Mk 43), but I've spent pretty much the same amount of money the last two weeks on the new UCS Lego Millenium Falcon. A lot of similarities between the two in their respective hobbies. The largest and most expensive, and arguably most talked about example of a collectible of their type.

Somehow before long I'm going to have to find some cash for the Mark 6 Iron Man though..

Legos, especially the UCS kits, tend to be worth quite a bit after retirement. I think I sold the UCS snow speeder loose for $500 years ago, and I think it was selling at over a grand before the reissue. The only problem is if you hold on to them too long, like the UCS falcon version 1. Hot toys doesn't bring anywhere near the return Legos do for the most part. I really should locate the UCS death star 2 and star destroyer kits out of storage. :)

I really don't foresee a reissue here, I would be willing to bet on a one and done release for Hulkbuster.
Mine should be on its way from HK soon, this guy was a must have for me... and I am not an Iron Man armor enthusiast.

Will have the Mark V Diecast, Mark VI Diecast, Mark 43 Diecast and Mark 45 Diecast.
After that, will hold out hope on a Mark VII and I should be good with Tonies in my collection, lol.

I ordered mine years ago for $400 using points and only owe $54 plus shipping. Really looking forward to having this in hand (or hands). Might have this stand in for stay puft for some pictures with the ghostbusters :lol

I really don't foresee a reissue here, I would be willing to bet on a one and done release for Hulkbuster.
Mine should be on its way from HK soon, this guy was a must have for me... and I am not an Iron Man armor enthusiast.

Will have the Mark V Diecast, Mark VI Diecast, Mark 43 Diecast and Mark 45 Diecast.
After that, will hold out hope on a Mark VII and I should be good with Tonies in my collection, lol.

How about a repaint for infinity wars version

Might have jumped on it years ago, but with way too much time to think about it no- not enough space, not enough want, could buy 3-4 figures with the cost, looks pretty stiff frankly and a bit much on the weathering. Rather save for some future QS armors.

Spent approximately $900 for a 2 week trip in France and Germany where I did touristy shiz and visited friends in both countries, amazing experience!

I just can't see how spending nearly that amount on a piece of plastic that is ultimately gonna sit in a cabinet or boxed up in a closet can be justified at all, but to each his own I suppose.

If this thing was like $500...then perhaps, but that's my limit.

It's an amazing piece, no doubt about that. It's just not a figure I'd be interested in due to the cost, size and the fact that it isn't iconic enough for me.
Would be great to see one in person some day though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How about a repaint for infinity wars version

Again, just don't see it with this one. I am sure there are other cosmetic changes between this and the IW version on-screen,
plus it would have to fit the Mark 47 in the movie, which is bulkier than the 43. Additional new tooling on the bust,
needing more room inside for the bulkier figure, etc., etc.

One and Done. You want a Hulkbuster? This is the chance.

I do think they may go with an "Accessory Pack" with Veronica, the Jackhammer Arm, Street Sign all bent up,
maybe a few more "Battle Damaged" interchangeable parts.

Think "Workshop Accessory Pack", just bigger packaging.

That makes the most sense with all the time and love invested in getting this guy out to the public.

I'm waiting for SS to put it on sale and/or offer free shipping. It's an expensive figure but definitely plan to add it to the collection.

Again, just don't see it with this one. I am sure there are other cosmetic changes between this and the IW version on-screen,
plus it would have to fit the Mark 47 in the movie, which is bulkier than the 43. Additional new tooling on the bust,
needing more room inside for the bulkier figure, etc., etc.

One and Done. You want a Hulkbuster? This is the chance.

I do think they may go with an "Accessory Pack" with Veronica, the Jackhammer Arm, Street Sign all bent up,
maybe a few more "Battle Damaged" interchangeable parts.

Think "Workshop Accessory Pack", just bigger packaging.

That makes the most sense with all the time and love invested in getting this guy out to the public.

They came out with the Hulk Smash kit al;ready that comes with the bent street light just for this kit. It was by Toy Strike and I have one currently that I ordered years ago in prep for this figure. Like the mark 43 I ordered years ago. I always planned on this dude, but I feel like its going to be another Igor once its out for a year so it may be easy to get cause of the size.

However with Hulkbuster being in the new Avengers movie, we may see a run on him like Batman where he goes up in value. I just dont see how much more he can go up though. $850 is a highly expensive hot toys. And the newer batmobile is 1600 ouch along with the Falcon Cockpit which is also super spendy. Maybe super spendy hot toys is the future lol.

They came out with the Hulk Smash kit al;ready that comes with the bent street light just for this kit. It was by Toy Strike and I have one currently that I ordered years ago in prep for this figure. Like the mark 43 I ordered years ago. I always planned on this dude, but I feel like its going to be another Igor once its out for a year so it may be easy to get cause of the size.
super spendy hot toys is the future lol.

I don't think so.. Igor compared to the Hulkbuster.. apples and oranges this figure is epic... Watch the MARK 43 die-cast figure go through the roof...especially if folks start grabbing them up to pair with this beast...

Different People have different priorities, circumstances and motivations in getting this figure.

For me, have this pre-ordered years ago and with no intention of making it as an investment property like what others are doing.
Just wanted this on my display cabinet along with my other collections to marvel and stare at from time to time till I retire.

Now me and my mates have something new to talk about till midnight while playing darts and having beers.

Easy pass for me in that I only collect villain figures, but I'm very eager to see reviews for the final product.

I am new to collecting and just started this year , I love the look of this figure for me its just about budget and if I can afford it based on how i shop for figures .

There are a few other figures that I really want and are costly, So I need to weigh up how much I want this vs the other figures and parts I am interested in .

The way I shop for figures

In my case I make a table listing figure I want , how much I want them and why , their cost and availability (is it a new figure can I still get it , how many are still up for sale) and the last thing is how will it fit in to my display .

Looking at this the last few weeks Hulk buster was number 4 of 8 on my list , so there are 3 figures I want before him , MK I,MK VI,MK V. So will see when the review comes out if the figure is really good he will jump to number 2 on my list.

If any one is interested i have 19 Iron men figures so far , you can see the list below by following the link in my signature.

lol at those paying more than 1K on eBay or whatever just to get it “first”

this world is doomed.

I've decided what my collection needs is some shock value too it. It's a nice but humble collection and much smaller then what I used to have in the past but I love it. That being said I decided to cancel all my p.o through various sites and decided to payment plan this through SS. I'll get it about 2 months after everyone else will. I think this is an amazing figure or w.evyoy want to call it haha and honestly pretty much anything iron man and batman that's unique/vehicle/ diorama wise pretty much sales and holds value. To miss out on some 12" 1/6 figures really isn't anything to me cause the secondary market isn't that much on those as it will be this bad boy. This was pretty much a surprise buy, I saw the videos on it and I had to buy it! This will look sooooo sick at the bottom of my display cabinet with my 1st avengers hulk and my mark 43 and warmachine mark1 diecast :))

Back