Who here works in the production side of the Film/T.V. industry?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys...My dream is to work in the T.V./Film industry the production side of it tho, im interested mainly in any of the behind the scenes on set crew jobs...but i have no schooling, and i know they say it's mainly who you know that helps you get into it, but i don't personally know anyone that does and so i just don't know how to get my foot in the door, so i just thought i would throw out the question to see if anybody responds, so who here works in the production side of the industry?...i would appreciate the advice or help of anyone that does...Thanks guys for any responses in advance..:D

Networking is definitely the key to getting a job in the film industry. I used to work for StuSegall. Yes, I used to assist that Christen Bell girl. I got the job by looking at craigslist and mandy.com. Luckily, I got a job as an office assistant and PA. Since then, I got to know a bunch of people from set and been assisting me on getting jobs in tv commercial and other feature lenght films.

Networking is definitely the key to getting a job in the film industry. I used to work for StuSegall. Yes, I used to assist that Christen Bell girl. I got the job by looking at craigslist and mandy.com. Luckily, I got a job as an office assistant and PA. Since then, I got to know a bunch of people from set and been assisting me on getting jobs in tv commercial and other feature lenght films.

Christen Bell? You mean Kristen Bell?

I broke in by offering to work for free. I did that for 6 months and it turned into a real job. Getting PA jobs on low budget films (working for free) is a great way to break in.

I broke in by offering to work for free. I did that for 6 months and it turned into a real job. Getting PA jobs on low budget films (working for free) is a great way to break in.

Toe should really be beat down with a giant semi-truck for daring to spell kristen's name wrong :emperor:emperor:emperor:maul:maul

what-eva :emperor

Also, from all the artists I got to meet I am proud to shake hands and dine with Ron "The Man" Jeremy :rock while working in the Film industry. WOOT !!!

what-eva :emperor

Also, from all the artists I got to meet I am proud to shake hands and dine with Ron "The Man" Jeremy :rock while working in the Film industry. WOOT !!!

He nicknamed you Tripod didn't he?:lol:lol:lol

I had to be on a set for my job for about a week and wow did I feel bad for the PAs. Wow talk about a crappy job. They got every ^^^^ job there was. I have seen immigrant workers on a farm treated better and I think they got paid about the same. I couldn't imagine having to do that for free.

Really? Any of which I've starred in?:naughty

Hah, I dunno maybe. I never saw anything that had my music in it. They would give me a timeframe that they needed and I would make generic industrial beats for them. It paid very well. I have no soul.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to work in the film industry. Set painting or model work, anything really. But Florida doesn't have much going on here and it's hard to get your foot in the door without someone helping you shove it in there.

I look at it like I look at my possible sideshow future, not likely. :lol

It's a dream for me, and will more than likely remain a dream. At least I have my figure customs, that makes me feel like I do something artistic with some relation to collectible or film work. It fills the void. :D

Hey DarkArtist, come out here to Calif and we'll both go crash one of the studios and beg for a job :lol

I was an extra in the film "The Water Boy." The film was produced (in part) at my college (UCF)... Hope that helps. ;)

Not yet for me. I'm actually not quite sure what I'm going to do.

Right now I'm in college for 3D animation but once I graduate I'll go for movies or maybe video games. My final Senior project I'm planning is about half of both worlds (making models for games now involves doing full movie quality models of things before making them into lower quality for the video game engine) so it could really go either way.

Business is kinda sparse where I am though. There's some studios in Dallas, but really most jobs are in either California, Florida, or Canada. And really I don't feel like going to Canada.

Back