Who here works in the production side of the Film/T.V. industry?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work in Television for one of the three Cable News Channels. My advice to the padwan, is to never work for free, because that is what they will think you are worth... nothing. Always get some money even if it is just travel expenses.

Show up on time, don't run your mouth, be polite, ask questions, DON'T COMPLAIN!!! and make as many contacts as you can.

Use:

Indeed.com

Mandy.com

Entertainmentcareers.net

DO NOT PAY for job listings from other sites that say they will help you get jobs

and check out B-roll.net for an inside view of news photog's world

Last edited:
I started animating in stopmotion and then in flash with some known animators and in some studios over here; but actually i write scripts, i have directed some shortcuts and im planning to direct a film in a close future (still looking a good idea to begin the script).

In this industry you need contacts so you can get to the place that you want or it will be diffiicult since there are many "walls" in the road that you need to pass.

And really I don't feel like going to Canada.

Vancouver = rated the best city in the world by the Economist (not to mention about a dozen other mags) :lecture
+ It has a large film industry (largest in Canada, definitely the go-to city for many blockbusters these days)

Back