Who has changed the colour of the Raiders Indy PF jacket? Advice please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cking

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'd like to change the "green" colour of the jacket on my Raiders Indy PF to something that more accurately matches the dark brown colour of his movie jacket. I've seen some posts from people who have mentioned "re-painting" etc but I'm just worried about how well the paint will stick to the fabric. Will it rub off? Will it dry and flake off eventually?

Any advice and pics to illustrate the result of your projects would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Chris

I would suggest getting a Sovereign Studio 1/4 scale jacket, they are awesome:

DSC04678.jpg

And here is a before and after featuring another custom jacket I had made:

BeforeAfter-1.png

Those jackets are awesome faststreets, but didn't you have to mod the arms to get them on?

Thanks for your info. Which do you prefer? The Sovereign Studio jacket or the custom one? I'd like to see some pics of the Sovereign Studio version from different angles if possible (showing the shape of the pockets and pocket flaps). Would you be able to email the contact details to me?
Here's my email address:
[email protected]

Regards,

Chris

I would suggest getting a Sovereign Studio 1/4 scale jacket, they are awesome:

DSC04678.jpg

Thanks for posting that pic of the Sovereign jacket again Robert. I'm still waiting on mine. Been about a 6 - 8 month wait now. :impatient:

At least this photo is tiding me over. Just switched up the pants on mine with the KOTCS ones I had leftover from the one I had to demolish in order to get my replacement. Thinking of taking the colour out of the KOTCS shirt and then tea-bathing it to use as a better shirt too. Anyways, can't wait to finish my custom ROTLA PF with the sovereign jacket. Looks like the 2 year project is gonna take a little while longer... :lol

Thanks for posting that pic of the Sovereign jacket again Robert. I'm still waiting on mine. Been about a 6 - 8 month wait now. :impatient:

At least this photo is tiding me over. Just switched up the pants on mine with the KOTCS ones I had leftover from the one I had to demolish in order to get my replacement. Thinking of taking the colour out of the KOTCS shirt and then tea-bathing it to use as a better shirt too. Anyways, can't wait to finish my custom ROTLA PF with the sovereign jacket. Looks like the 2 year project is gonna take a little while longer... :lol

Bummer about the Sovereign jacket, but a major score with the pants! :rock What about using the KOTCS jacket on Raiders Indy?

Robert,
Please can you hook me up with Sovereign Studios email address? I used to have it a long time ago but don't have it any more.
I can see some innacuracies that would be an easy fix on the jacket shown in your pics so I want to contact him to see if he'll do it.
Thanks.
Chris

Robert,
Please can you hook me up with Sovereign Studios email address? I used to have it a long time ago but don't have it any more.
I can see some innacuracies that would be an easy fix on the jacket shown in your pics so I want to contact him to see if he'll do it.
Thanks.
Chris

good luck with that. you might want to check the thread in the custom section before sending money. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69520&page=7
he has a very large backlog of previous orders and many frustrated people have been waiting literally years for their order from Sovereign Studios. it's a nice jacket, but personally I wouldn't risk sending money without some confidence you'll ever get what you paid for.

Last edited:
Damn! Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping he'd improved his timescales compared to the last time I did business with him many years ago. Well, that's made the decision for me - I'll be keeping my jacket as it is. No money from me is going to Sovereign Studio with that sort of waiting time.

Chris

I just used some brown leather dye that I could paint onto the jacket, it looks really good and it won't flake or make the jacket stiff.

40312_424798409126_528349126_4739697_2485727_n.jpg

24991_382526284126_528349126_3720089_5341205_n.jpg

That looks great! Leather dye makes the most sense to me. Just be REALLY careful not to spill! Wish that darn jacket came off!

Thanks to the help from my friend Martin-El, my Indy PF finally has the correct colored jacket!
Martin used dark brown leather shoe dye on the jacket.

"Before" pic on the left, "After" pic on the right.

cking-Indy.jpg

Chris

Back