Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

Yeah, at the very least they re-stage the calls... if they aren't complete plants in the first place. Also, interior shots of the homeowner opening the door to meet someone for the first time are a bit suspect :lol

Re: Who else is addicted to "Storage Wars," "Pawn Stars," and "American Pickers?"

I really like Pawn Stars....never seen Storage Wars...and I dislike American Pickers.

Then you sir need to google Danielle Colby Cushman. :monkey3

Meh. She doesn't do anything for me. :dunno:rotfl

Seriously, it's not her I dislike, it's just I feel Mike and Frank take advantage of some of these people that they are "picking"...forcing them to sell things they don't want to sell. It's one thing if someone tells them that they don't want to sell...but once someone says "no", that should be it. The tall goofy one on almost every episode never takes "no" as an answer.

she's yucky and ruined by tattoo's

I don't care for AP, like someone said, most of the time they take advantage of those who really have no knowledge of what they have. So they put on a act, as if they were long time buddies to get them to sell the item for cheap.

Pawn Stars is scripted. They have the people with good stuff come back on 'camera or crew days' and you know the experts are right outside waiting to be called in.

what idiot would leave high priced mego,in acrylic cases for that matter,in a storage place?

Why did a person leave thousands of dollars in comics in a storage to which the hill billy guy made a huge profit from?

I never heard of Storage Wars, but if the other 2 shows are on I'll watch.

Yes I watch all of the above. Anybody catch the recent storage wars where Jared found a box of vintage toys. I do think the shows are super fake and scripted though.

I saw a preview of one of these shows in a theater while I was waiting for a movie. Looked dumb. So nope, I have never watched it.

I don't care for AP, like someone said, most of the time they take advantage of those who really have no knowledge of what they have. So they put on a act, as if they were long time buddies to get them to sell the item for cheap.

Pawn Stars is scripted. They have the people with good stuff come back on 'camera or crew days' and you know the experts are right outside waiting to be called in.

Why did a person leave thousands of dollars in comics in a storage to which the hill billy guy made a huge profit from?

because it was likely set up like the Mego one? :dunno

The Mego stuff was definitely loaned out to the show from a collector...no idiot would leave gems like that hidden away

FTW :rock

antiques_roadshow-show.jpg

I believe all the storage auction shows are fake. "Hey look someone left five gold bars worth $100,000 and a first edition of Superman and Batman in their storage unit, and we bought it for $100." Get the hell out of here with that ish.

Some of these shows are ok. However, I think they are ruining their respective channels. I used to really like the Discovery Channel, History Channel, and Travel Channel. Discovery is filled with crap now about super moms and weird ____. The History Channel is flooded with Swamp People and Pawn Stars. And finally the Travel channel is all about weird ____ people eat and how much of it they can force into their bodies.

It really annoys me and it's sad to see good content being replaced with this nonesense.

I like all 3 shoes and we DVR all of them. The pickers were just a few miles down the road on one of the episodes. I would love to be financially independent and able to hunt stuff down like they do. I was actually talking with a buddy about looking into buying lockers locally just for kicks.

because it was likely set up like the Mego one? :dunno

The Mego stuff was definitely loaned out to the show from a collector...no idiot would leave gems like that hidden away

it happens and more than you would probably guess. People store stuff and don't pay for it - after 3 consecutive months of non pay it is the property of the storage owner

my wife's grandmother collected autographs as a young girl - she had EVERY major/minor Hollywood star from the golden era and her mom stored them in one of these and let it go when money was tight - she would have a mint if she still had them

It really annoys me and it's sad to see good content being replaced with this nonesense.

I've felt that ever since they were showing nothing but 'Jon & Kate plus 8' and 'Little People Big World'

History Channel went from being all about WWII to 'reality' shows. They have a new one starting with Larry the Redneck Guy. The ONLY good thing about that show is it keeps him out of Nebraska (where I live).

The Science Channel is much better content if you want to watch something smart.

TV is due for the same kind of shake-up that has hit the music industry. Almost nobody buys CDs anymore. They buy a few select tracks from an online store, because most CDs have padded tracks.

Cable TV is 60-70% useless filler crap. With all of the new streaming content options I look forward to seeing the current cable TV model die in favor of à la carte channels. Look at devices like Roku. Let customers subscribe to and bookmark channels or individual shows instead of buying channel packages.

it happens and more than you would probably guess. People store stuff and don't pay for it - after 3 consecutive months of non pay it is the property of the storage owner

my wife's grandmother collected autographs as a young girl - she had EVERY major/minor Hollywood star from the golden era and her mom stored them in one of these and let it go when money was tight - she would have a mint if she still had them

Oh I believe it could happen, but come on...A mint carded Thor? a super rare carded lizard? among many other rare mego's carded...all in acrylic cases?

no doubt this mego episode was(fake) set up...plus the mego forums guys knew the guy who had that collection because apparently a carded lizard is like finding gold in sand

Back