Who do you think made the best 'live action' SUPERMAN (ie any non-animated version)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who was the best Live-Action (not animated) SUPERMAN

• Brandon Routh

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Christopher Reeve

Votes: 66 84.6%
  • Tom Welling

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Dean Cain

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • George Reeves

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Bud Collyer (On radio)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Kirk Alyn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not that anyone on this earth would vote for him, but there was one glaring omission from that list.

z7SJH.jpg

Not that anyone on this earth would vote for him, but there was one glaring omission from that list.

Not an omission.

Considered and deliberately not included. It was a tough split to include Welling but not the two actors playing Superboy (John Haymes Newton and Gerard Christopher respectively)...

z7SJH.jpg
SMGC1.jpg

...but they specifically were playing Superboy not Superman, which Welling does actually do at the end of the series. Hence....

As to Reeve being the obvious first choice and though he is my overall favourite, I also hold a place for George Reeves who did a huge amount for the character during his day. Those series, the animations and the B/W serials are both readily and easily available for the SUPERMAN fan. I am certain that I cannot be the only one who bought them.

Last edited:
Whoever voted for Dean Cain, if you happen to be on my friends list remove yourself please.

Thanks.

For all the 'trolling' that goes on on SSF, I'm surprised Dean Cain isn't at the top of this list, just to get the wharrrgrrbbll in full effect.

I watched and enjoyed "The Adventures of Lois & Clark" as a 2nd grader. Haven't seen it since though and I don't have nearly as fond of memories of it as I do for the B&W show. I only voted for Reeves. I don't get "multichoice" poll options when determining your favorite of something.

What a fun poll. Do this one next:

Who do you think made the best Indiana Jones?

1. Neil Boulane
2. Corey Carrier
3. Sean Patrick Flannery
4. Harrison Ford
5. River Phoenix
6. George Hall

Who is the best Spider-Man, Tobey or Andrew?

That's not so cut and dry of a result. Everyone I personally know hated that remake and prefer the old Toby ones. They all agreed Andrew was an unlikeable ****** bag. There are a number of users here that say the same thing. None of these Supermans were ****** bags.

And as for that Indy poll, that's not fair. Harrison Ford was the original Indy and he's a cinematic character. Reeve was not the first Superman nor is Superman a cinematic character. The poll, no matter how obvious a result, is valid. I voted against Reeve and not to be a hipster or hater of Reeve. I genuinely prefer the old TV show with George Reeves more.

Back