Who do you think made the best 'live action' SUPERMAN (ie any non-animated version)?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who was the best Live-Action (not animated) SUPERMAN

• Brandon Routh

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Christopher Reeve

Votes: 66 84.6%
  • Tom Welling

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Dean Cain

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • George Reeves

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Bud Collyer (On radio)

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Kirk Alyn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Who do you think made the best live action SUPERMAN?

90157701_Tom_Cruise_crazy_laugh.gif

One problem is that you can't separate the actor from the movie. I personally think Routh did a pretty damn good job (understanding that he was emulating Reeve in some ways), but the movie was mediocre. Every modern TV show about Superman was pretty lame IMO. Almost no one here is familiar with the black and white or radio shows. So. . .Reeve wins by default. Add in all the nostalgia clouding our judgment (considering many here are in their 30s-40s), and there is really no contest.

I voted George Reeves. I am not a huge fan of the Christopher Reeve movies. Superman is a bit hokey and they did a decent job with the character I suppose, but he works better for me in the oldschool format of cartoons, serials, and TV shows. I only liked the B&W episodes. Especially the one where he saves Lucy Ricardo off her apartment ledge. Oh wait....

I also grew up watching reruns of the old b&w George Reeves TV show, & loved it!

He played a great Clark Kent - as well as Superman, in that smooth old school way.

He was sharp. :cool:

The intro & theme music were great too. :rock

Back