White Queen Emma Frost Comiquette Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mqhuynh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys,

For those that have or know about this piece. Is the cloak one piece or are the straps separate pieces for this statue?

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to believe now. Are the straps separate to the cloaks. Because I found one that had the straps inserted into the cloak. So I'm not sure ifit's broken or not.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what to believe now. Are the straps separate to the cloaks. Because I found one that had the straps inserted into the cloak. So I'm not sure ifit's broken or not.

The straps are connected to the cloak. They are NOT separate pieces. One strap does have to be connected to her right hand when she is displayed. However, as I said, both straps are connected to the cloak. The straps are very fragile on this piece. Many were broken during shipping. It's a common problem. If yours are inserted/connected you are lucky. That means you received an undamaged cape. Put her on diplay and enjoy. She is one sexy looking statue. I've had mine for years and still love that piece. I have all the AH X-ladies. I just wish AH was able to do a Storm Com. She's a gaping whole in the line-up. Congrats on your pick up.

The straps are connected to the cloak. They are NOT separate pieces. One strap does have to be connected to her right hand when she is displayed. However, as I said, both straps are connected to the cloak. The straps are very fragile on this piece. Many were broken during shipping. It's a common problem. If yours are inserted/connected you are lucky. That means you received an undamaged cape. Put her on diplay and enjoy. She is one sexy looking statue. I've had mine for years and still love that piece. I have all the AH X-ladies. I just wish AH was able to do a Storm Com. She's a gaping whole in the line-up. Congrats on your pick up.

Yeah she is a nice piece. I found one in a store and the owner was packing it away and both straps fell off the cloak. I thought it was broken and still not sure. The he even showed me there is a hole in the cloak where the strap fits into it. So, hence my question. If you have yours on display, can you remove the straps from the cloak?
I just want to be sure before forking over the cash.

Last edited:
Yeah she is a nice piece. I found one in a store and the owner was packing it away and both straps fell off the cloak. I thought it was broken and still not sure. The he even showed me there is a hole in the cloak where the strap fits into it. So, hence my question. If you have yours on display, can you remove the straps from the cloak?
I just want to be sure before forking over the cash.

No. The straps can't be removed. She arrived with them connected. As I said, the straps are not meant to be removable. The cape and straps are one piece. The only point that the strap is removable is on her right hand. It needs to be connected there when you display her. The cape you are looking at is damaged. However, if the strap can be inserted into the cape, that sounds like a glue issue. It's possible they didn't use enough or any glue on the straps at the factory where she was manufactured. It sounds like an easy fix. A dab of super glue should do the trick. Just to be clear, both straps should be connected to the cape. I'm looking right at her and never had to connect or glue her straps to the cape. They are both attached. Hope this helps.

The cloak is one piece, the straps don't come off. I wouldn't buy it, sounds dodgy

No. The straps can't be removed. She arrived with them connected. As I said, the straps are not meant to be removable. The cape and straps are one piece. The only point that the strap is removable is on her right hand. It needs to be connected there when you display her. The cape you are looking at is damaged. However, if the strap can be inserted into the cape, that sounds like a glue issue. It's possible they didn't use enough or any glue on the straps at the factory where she was manufactured. It sounds like an easy fix. A dab of super glue should do the trick. Just to be clear, both straps should be connected to the cape. I'm looking right at her and never had to connect or glue her straps to the cape. They are both attached. Hope this helps.

separate pieces

are you trolling col? The cloak is a single piece.

OK, sounds fishy to me. I may have to inspect it closely next time i'm there.

Thanks for all your help guys. I was worried and I guess I had reasons to be.

Not true guys.. I own 3 Emma's and one of them, the straps do come off.

That doesn't make sense VS. You own 3 Emma Coms and on just one of the Coms the straps come off? Obviously that one is damaged if the other 2 have straps that are connected. My cousin and I both received our Coms directly from SSC and the staps were CONNECTED on both of them. The straps and the cape are one piece.

Not true guys.. I own 3 Emma's and one of them, the straps do come off.

OK, here we go again... VS1976. Can you please take pics of the one that has the straps being able to be removed. I just want to make sure that the one i'm looking at is not damaged.

That doesn't make sense VS. You own 3 Emma Coms and on just one of the Coms the straps come off? Obviously that one is damaged if the other 2 have straps that are connected. My cousin and I both received our Coms directly from SSC and the staps were CONNECTED on both of them. The straps and the cape are one piece.

Well Colossus says his one comes off and the shop I saw this one comes off and now VS1976 has one that has removable straps... This all can't be coincidence or broken pieces. Can it?

Really unsure now what to think.

OK, here we go again... VS1976. Can you please take pics of the one that has the straps being able to be removed. I just want to make sure that the one i'm looking at is not damaged.

The end part of the strap (attached to the cape) gets narrower. It's like a half V shape with the end being flat (if that makes any sense). I don't think they glue this one on the cape. When I received it, it was attached to the cake though. However both my other ones are Permanently attached.

I'll post a picture when I get home later tonight.

The end part of the strap (attached to the cape) gets narrower. It's like a half V shape with the end being flat (if that makes any sense). I don't think they glue this one on the cape. When I received it, it was attached to the cake though. However both my other ones are Permanently attached.

I'll post a picture when I get home later tonight.

Yes please do.
Thank you.

Well Colossus says his one comes off and the shop I saw this one comes off and now VS1976 has one that has removable straps... This all can't be coincidence or broken pieces. Can it?

Really unsure now what to think.

If I read VS post correctly, he is saying he owns 3 Emma Coms and on just one the Coms, the straps come off. Obviously, if the straps did come off, all 3 of his Coms should have removable straps, not just one. As far as the straps are concerned, YES.....it was a very common problem on this piece to have it arrive with broken straps. Many were sold on eBay and on the forums that way, at a discount, because of this. They break so easily because they are ATTACHED to the cape and can easily snap during shipping.

Two common problems: the straps either break off, or pop out at the joint due to insufficient glue. The production piece is one piece, period. No more discussion needed. Mqhyunh, if you are buying her, use this information to get a discount.

Two common problems: the straps either break off, or pop out at the joint due to insufficient glue. The production piece is one piece, period. No more discussion needed. Mqhyunh, if you are buying her, use this information to get a discount.

I would just look at the end of the tip of the strap. If it's flat & doesn't get narrower, then it has been broken.

Just a note though, there was no glue residue on the strap... ;)

I would just look at the end of the tip of the strap. If it's flat & doesn't get narrower, then it has been broken.

Just a note though, there was no glue residue on the strap... ;)

There ya go. Case closed. The good news is that it just looks like missing glue in both cases on the straps. Simply glue the straps in place and the problem is solved. It should have been there to begin with. Easy fix. The worst thing that can happen is the staps themselves snapping. Then it's a clear break and noticeable. A much harder fix to boot. A loose or removed strap at the point of connection with the cape is a much easier problem to deal with and fix as it won't be noticeable after being glued back into place.

Back