While you wait..............

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody has the ability (as long as their router is not supplied by a cable company) to change their NAT settings. All you have to do is type in the IP address of your router... you can configure the settings in there.

I have checked all of the settings and not one of them says NAT as an option.

I would honestly kill for a faster upload speed. For some reason all of my options (Roadrunner HS and Bellsouth DSL) have the same crappy upload speeds.

That's because the vast majority of users have no need for fast upload speeds! Most of what goes up, is simply requests for web pages, requests to retrieve email, etc. The real work is downloading all those requests, therefore the high download speeds. If you are hosting your own web server or something similar, then you would need high upload speeds to "serve" the requests of your users. It can also make a difference in games! :rotfl

Damn. Maybe it's just your router then.
No he needs to forward the port to the PS3. Thats what I had to do with the PS# on my netgear router. I was able to get Open Nat for 360 using UPnP but had to open ports for PSN.

Wait isn't nat 2 the one you want.

No he needs to forward the port to the PS3. Thats what I had to do with the PS# on my netgear router. I was able to get Open Nat for 360 using UPnP but had to open ports for PSN.

Wait isn't nat 2 the one you want.

1 or 2. 2 should be faster than he's saying though.

3 is pretty much firewall/restricted.

3 is what I have. When I had 2 I could not talk to BM or Kit or play UT3 with them. When we switched it to 3 I have not had any problems since then.

Really Kain, I think that's backwards, I remember helping you set up the router to get 2.

Really Kain, I think that's backwards, I remember helping you set up the router to get 2.

I might be wrong. I hardwired mine the other night that would cause it to undo the changes that we did wouldnt it?

Can someone verify that 2 is the best for the PS3. If so than I can verify that it still sucks my nuts. :lecture

Back