While you wait..............

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fanboy, I've had to do two updates this week :rolleyes:

Pretty much. I use my PS3 about once a week and almost every time I do I have to do a system update. No, not EVERY time, but close to it. I mean what in the world needs to be "updated" that often? Doesn't make much sense to me that they have SO many updates so often.

Some of those connections are insane. At home I get like 1.5 down and close to 1 up o na 3Mb connection.

I'm pretty sure it's your NAT settings if updates take you that long to download.

I usually download updates in about 4 minutes.

Riddle me this then. Why does my 360 and other wireless devices work and fast mind you if my nat settings are wrong?

Riddle me this then. Why does my 360 and other wireless devices work and fast mind you if my nat settings are wrong?

Because you don't understand technology. :D

Each device has/is assigned a different IP address and/or filter. Your 360, Wii, PSP and PS3 may all connect to your router, true. BUT, the problem lies that some only may be set to go outside the NAT firewall. Sounds like your PS3 is inside that firewall, which is causing your connection to have problems.

Because you don't understand technology. :D

Each device has/is assigned a different IP address and/or filter. Your 360, Wii, PSP and PS3 may all connect to your router, true. BUT, the problem lies that some only may be set to go outside the NAT firewall. Sounds like your PS3 is inside that firewall, which is causing your connection to have problems.

What is not to understand? When I test my 360 it says open (the best possible connection). When I test my PS3 it says I have a nat setting of 2. Also I do not have the option to change NAT settings. Here is the router I am using. It was a recommended brand by microsoft to work the best with the 360.

https://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WPN824.asp

Do you change NAT settings in your router or the PS3? If it's the router then I'm lost already.

What is not to understand? When I test my 360 it says open (the best possible connection). When I test my PS3 it says I have a nat setting of 2. Also I do not have the option to change NAT settings. Here is the router I am using. It was a recommended brand by microsoft to work the best with the 360.

https://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WPN824.asp

Anybody has the ability (as long as their router is not supplied by a cable company) to change their NAT settings. All you have to do is type in the IP address of your router... you can configure the settings in there.

I would honestly kill for a faster upload speed. For some reason all of my options (Roadrunner HS and Bellsouth DSL) have the same crappy upload speeds.

Back