Which trooper would you like to see in 1/4 form?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Original please, although a Sandtrooper would be just as good or as the exclusive. There's one where I'd have to get both the regular and excl. version.

I would have to say that I would like the originals like the Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and the imperial Guard. The Imperial Guard design is one of the most elegant figures I have ever seen on the big screen. The bright red looked so menecing.

Jesse

With out a doubt, gotta go with the ROTS troopers. I don't care which ROTS trooper. Any or all would be great! :rock

I think I'm going to be army building depending on whether or not Sideshow decides to release a bunch of different variants for all of the troopers.

I'll take:

1. Emperor's Royal Guard x 2
2. Stormtrooper x 2
3. ROTS Clone x 3-4 provided they release different paint variants

I'd love to have a couple of 12" Royal Guards, but I don't see myself spending $250 each for 2 figures (and you have to have at least 2) that are basically just a mask and robe.

I'd go for two guards if one were a Royal (red) and one a Senate (blue).

That is what I'm expecting the exclusive to be if they do make a Royal Guard. I want an Ep. VI Emperor like the Attakus version with 2 Royal Guards on each side of him. I'd buy a Senate Guard, too.

Judging by the overwhelming response on this board to Kir Kanos, I think it would be in Sideshow's best interest to make a Royal Guard. It would sell like hot cakes!

The ARC troopers you all are voting for are actually just clone commanders from RotS. ARC troopers are EU, as seen in the Clone Wars cartoons. They are similar, but not one and the same.

An elite officer in the clone army, the clone commander leads a squad of clone troopers into battle against the Separatist forces He wears a special armor similar to that worn by ARC troopers.
;)

I'd take any trooper, but not in 1/4. 1/6 only :rock

The ARC troopers you all are voting for are actually just clone commanders from RotS. ARC troopers are EU, as seen in the Clone Wars cartoons. They are similar, but not one and the same.

I was actually going to post that on the last page, but I didn't want to go through with all of the explanation. :lol

Your version is very concise.

This is an ARC Trooper, not the one shown on the first page:

popup18wh.jpg

They were rumored to make an appearance in Ep. III before its release, but were never shown.

The picture on the first page is from the Episode III visual dictionary, which refers to the photo we are voting for as an ARC trooper and provides the following text:

The Kaminoans created a select number of clone troopers to be trained personally by bounty hunter Jango Fett. Designated Advanced Recon Commandos (ARCs), they worked in teams to execute special missions.

Next to the larger picture, there are pictures of the clone commanders and a paragraph of text about them, as well. I guess the ARC trooper class didn't make it into the finished film, but at least in the visual dictionary they are shown and referred to as ARC troopers. Hence my confusion...

Tom, the paragraph you are quoting is a description of what happens in Ep. II.

The paragraph continues...

Elite ARC squads were deployed soon after the war began on Muunilinst and other strategic worlds. They operated autonomously, but reported to Jedi Generals.

This is a description of what happens in the Clone Wars cartoons. Basically, this is just the backstory as to where the Ep. III Clones and Clone Commanders came from. HTH

And, it continues. Also from the same page in the Visual Dictionary:

COMBAT VETERANS

Some original ARC troopers trained later-generation elite clones, passing on their combat experience and leadership skills. These new ARC troopers were also rumored to have undergone intensive deep-core programming. Their armor colors, which had originally shown rank, became closely associated with legion affiliation.

So, you are both right. ARC troopers fought in the Clone Wars, ARC troopers trained later-generation elite clones, later-generation elite clones (Commanders) are the new ARC troopers. Looking at the Visual Dictionary, and seeing some of the Commanders with ARC gear on (Bly's ARC Pauldron, Neyo's ARC sash) it's easy to tell. :)

So are all of the clone commanders ARC troopers? But not all of the ARC troopers are clone commanders? Just trying to get it all figured out. Thanks for your comments!

So are all of the clone commanders ARC troopers? But not all of the ARC troopers are clone commanders? Just trying to get it all figured out. Thanks for your comments!

It's certainly possible that all ROTS Commander's are ARC troopers, and vice versa, but there is no way of knowing for sure. During season 1 and 2 of the Clone Wars series, I don't know if any ARC troopers were Commanders since all we saw were Captains and Lieutenants. :)

Thanks for the clarification Mini. I always assumed that the ARC designation was done away with prior to Ep. III.

Back