Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

• Man of Steel

Votes: 77 73.3%
  • Superman Returns

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters
Definitely MOS. If I want Williams' score and a Chris Reeve wannabe then I'll go with STM for the real deal. MOS is a nice change of pace from STM, SR is not.

Returns sucks because it's boring as ****. He looked too young to be superman and the costume sucked too. Returns gave us Emo Superman spying on his EX girlfriend and doing **** for 2 hours and he's deadbeat dad. MOS is far from perfect, but at least it wasn't boring. It's unforgivable for a Superhero movie, especially a superman movie, to be boring.

I don’t think it’s boring, it was doing something different, it’s a character study, and there was actually plenty of action.

People also seem to forget that Superman didn’t throw a punch in STM, yet that movie is loved by everyone.

In Superman Returns he lifts a continent and throws it into space. :dunno

Wow...how exciting, he lifts a big rock!!!! Remember when he lifts Lois, and the boat, and the billboard sign, and the car, and the daily plane globe? That should be the name of the film, Superman Lifting :lol Also, your description of that scene actually sounds more fun than how it actually looks in the film.

Both are very flawed, but Returns still gave me a Superman that felt like Superman. Plus, it was just a better made movie IMO. I will say that MOS had the better villain, though. Spacey's Luthor did nothing for me. I also agree that MOS was less "boring," though it takes a lot more than that to make a movie worthwhile for me (otherwise I would be a huge Transformers fan).

Wow...how exciting, he lifts a big rock!!!! Remember when he lifts Lois, and the boat, and the billboard sign, and the car, and the daily plane globe? That should be the name of the film, Superman Lifting :lol Also, your description of that scene actually sounds more fun than how it actually looks in the film.

He uses his powers in this movie to actually save people.

Both are very flawed, but Returns still gave me a Superman that felt like Superman. Plus, it was just a better made movie IMO. I will say that MOS had the better villain, though. Spacey's Luthor did nothing for me. I also agree that MOS was less "boring," though it takes a lot more than that to make a movie worthwhile for me (otherwise I would be a huge Transformers fan).

:goodpost:

I agree. they both had their problems, just SR had fewer, neither were worth watching again in my book.

MOS is a disaster movie like 2012 or something.

Returns is a chick flick (Even the director acknowledges that was the kind of crowd he was making the movie for)

for me, I prefer a disaster movie than a chick flick. Maybe that's just me but I rather see mindless violence than slow and boring scenes.
you can say what you want about MOS but boring it wasn't.

Both are forgettable..but I'd say MOS. But, that's not saying much.

Man of Steel over Superman Returns. Each one had issues but I left MoS more excited about Superman than I did after SR. Of course, I may be biased because MoS included Zod. Just to throw this out there, can I get a movie with Lex Luthor as the villain in which real estate isn't the driving force behind his nefarious plan?

ib13dL8MHa9Fwh.gif

Back