Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

• Man of Steel

Votes: 77 73.3%
  • Superman Returns

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters
Wait and watch it in December along with Die Hard and Lethal Weapon. Makes the experience better.

Man of Steel. I liked some of the aesthetics better in SR ... costume, brighter colors, modern-1930s feel, fortress of solitude. And Kevin Spacey was good. The rest goes to MOS -- the story, the villain, the casting, the action, Cavill over Routh (who seemed to be doing a fairly solid Reeve impression), and Lois Lane was 50x better. The kid subplot was stupid, and a dead end. And, Superman in SR was whiny and creepy.

SnakeDoc

DCverse - Returns
Superman actor - Man Of Steel
Suit - Returns (would prefer larger chest emblem though ala MOS)
Superman Feats - Returns
Music - Returns
Individual standout scenes - Returns
Best Villains - Man Of Steel (I guess, since Lex and his usual landscheme contributed to Returns being boring overall)
Best Lois Lane - Man Of Steel
absence of super child - Man Of Steel

Of all the Superman movies that have been made, only 1/3 of them were any good.

It's hard to say. It's been a long time since I've seen Superman Returns. I do remember it to be a bit boring but that was back I the day when I was still little and all I wanted to see was the action. Man of Steel I enjoyed to a extent. I couldn't rate which one was better. Remember we left out Superman 3 and Superman 4.The first one will always be the best and the rest afterwards were all bad in there own ways.

And even then, not as good as BTAS or the Fleischer Superman cartoon.

MOS might have pissed all the Superman fans and the destruction at the end might have pissed comic fans.

BUT if you replace Superman with someone else, Even a new superhero or something, the movie is good. If you put the action scenes of MOS into another movie that had nothing to do with Superman people would have loved those scenes.

Returns doesn't have that. It doesn't have good action scenes. Doesn't have a great villain for Superman to fight against.

the thing about MOS is that it might not be a good superman movie but it is a Good action movie. Returns is nothing but a superman movie and it is not a great superman movie.

MOS might have pissed all the Superman fans and the destruction at the end might have pissed comic fans.

BUT if you replace Superman with someone else, Even a new superhero or something, the movie is good. If you put the action scenes of MOS into another movie that had nothing to do with Superman people would have loved those scenes.

Returns doesn't have that. It doesn't have good action scenes. Doesn't have a great villain for Superman to fight against.

the thing about MOS is that it might not be a good superman movie but it is a Good action movie. Returns is nothing but a superman movie and it is not a great superman movie.

Superman: The Movie didn't either, he's doesn't throw a single punch in that film. SR is almost a remake of the first film.

MOS has a lot of action, but nothing really stood out to me, SR has at least two memorable action scenes.

ncVeFuy.jpg

Back