Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Superman movie do you prefer Man of Steel or Superman Returns ?

• Man of Steel

Votes: 77 73.3%
  • Superman Returns

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters

pturtle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Both movies were bashed by a large amount of comic book fans when they were in theaters, now after some time for the hate to calm down, which in your opinion is the better movie?

They both suck.

But Returns wins by a hair because it's got the John Williams theme, a kick ass opening and Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor.

Could be a very interesting poll. I voted Returns for Difabio's reasons.

I think that particular treatment of the universe would have been a better basis for the overall DC cinematic universe.

And John Williams theme.

I guess the hate for these two films hasn’t gone away :lol

I’m one of the few people on this planet that think Superman Returns is an amazing movie, and I’m able to appreciate it even more now since its now a one-off quasi sequel/ending to the Donner films.

The cinematography, and score are probably the best I’ve ever seen in a superhero flick, and the visuals are incredible, the airplane scene is still one of the best action sequences in a superhero film.

I wasn’t really able to appreciate the whole father/son theme Singer was going for when I first saw it in theaters, but now knowing their won’t be a sequel, I think Superman having a kid actually enhances the film, it’s a fitting end to the Donnerverse, and really ties in well with the beginning of Superman: The Movie.

I don’t think MOS has a scene better than this

^ Agreed. The plane rescue scene in Superman Returns is better than any action sequence in Man of Steel. While Superman Returns isn't great by any means, I thought Man of Steel was an awful movie.

Returns sucks because it's boring as ****. He looked too young to be superman and the costume sucked too. Returns gave us Emo Superman spying on his EX girlfriend and doing **** for 2 hours and he's deadbeat dad. MOS is far from perfect, but at least it wasn't boring. It's unforgivable for a Superhero movie, especially a superman movie, to be boring.

^ Agreed. The plane rescue scene in Superman Returns is better than any action sequence in Man of Steel. While Superman Returns isn't great by any means, I thought Man of Steel was an awful movie.

Unfortunately, that's the only good scene in that piece of ****. You can fall alseep after watching that :lol

Returns sucks because it's boring as ****. He looked too young to be superman and the costume sucked too. Returns gave us Emo Superman spying on his EX girlfriend and doing **** for 2 hours and he's deadbeat dad. MOS is far from perfect, but at least it wasn't boring. It's unforgivable for a Superhero movie, especially a superman movie, to be boring.

Both films are boring, each in their own way.

Back