1/6 Which Stormtrooper to get??? Help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stick with Hot Toys. You will just get frustrated and regret not getting them otherwise.

Fewer of the HT is the way to go, they really are a joy to pose, etc. You could buy the Luke trooper with the current code--HOLIDAY15--to get $20 off from SS and sell the Luke head for at least $50 or more I'd imagine.
That's a good price. I'd personally get one HT before getting two of the SS, though the SS can be a good figure with a body swap, chest armour reshape and coat of wax.
Agreed with these and anyone else recommending HT (good advice about selling the Luke HS to lower the cost, too). I always regret saving a few bucks to get an inferior product. One Stormtrooper would look just as cool with your Vader as two, so get one good one, as opposed to two POSes. Just kick your wallet in the nads and take the money out while it's distracted.

The Hot Toys 1/6 Stormtrooper is the best Stormie figure in this scale, and one of the most accurate collectibles in any scale except 1:1. It is not perfect, but overall it beats all other figures no matter if Marmit, Sideshow, Medicom etc. So my advice is to save some money and get one of these instead of a Sideshow figure.

On another board I've been asked about my opinion regarding Hot Toys Stormtrooper 1:6 figure compared to Marmit and SSC versions.

I had my own issues with the HT TK regarding glued parts, but they were easy fix, and thus this will not affect my judgement. HT is a big improvement over the SSC, this can also be seen if you read carefully on the box, regarding who was involved in its development, and on HT FB page (some older posts and replies). Anyway HT has a better body, better shiny ABS armor (no need for chest plate futzing) and a better helmet compared to SSC. While the HT Stormie helmet is not totally accurate (not meaning asymmetry, which is not necessary at this size) is so much better shaped than SSC, that there is no true comparison.

SSC lid has the big jaw, enormous mic tips, and when putting the helmet on body, the trooper has no neck anymore. Not to mention the freaking ugly tiny SSC codpiece - I'm even thinking maybe to re-purpose my SSC Stormie and transform it into a female TK some day in the future... On the SSC plus side I'd add the E-11 which is better than any 1:6 blaster and the thermal detonator clips (better and more solid steel than on HT).

The Marmit still has a better overall helmet sculpt, but HT is VERY close. On the armor part the Marmit is great, but has its own issues already addressed (accurate but softer general sculpt, comes as a kit that needs assembly, legs/feet armor connected, thermal detonator not so good, soft PVC armor instead of hard ABS like SSC and HT, Marmit body is not that good compared to HT, but still not as floppy as SSC, and Marmit E-11 is weak in design for today's standards). And the fact that HT comes already assembled, and not as a kit, neither you need to futz the armor, and with good body that fits the armor, adds up to the HT.

So is HT overall better than Marmit and SSC? Yes. Is it perfect? No. Is it the best 1:6 Stormtrooper? In most parts it indubitably is, in some still needs improvement. Do I like it with all its issues? I love it.

Back