1/6 Which Stormtrooper to get??? Help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just picked up the Hot Toys Darth Vader and want to get two Stormtroopers to flank him in my display. With that in mind I am wondering how much difference there is between all the different available Stormtroopers there are out there. I have been looking at Hot Toys, Sideshow, Force Toys, and even the Kenner and Hasbro 12" figure models. Obviously if money wasn't an issue I would grab two Hot Toys and be done with it, but $600+ is a little steep for what I want to do with them. I can grab a Kenner for $30, and they look pretty good in the pics, but haven't seen any compared to a Hot Toys figure. Truly how much difference am I going to see between any of those figures when they are in a static pose on each side of Vader. Any help would be appreciated.

Wait if you can and get HT stormtrooper. If not then 2 sandies :D . Didn't see vader with sandies in the movie but they will still work and has a load more of accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait if you can and get HT stormtrooper. If not then 2 sandies :D . Didn't see vader with sandies in the movie but they will still work and has a load more of accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If probably go Spacetrooper before Sandtrooper. They look dirty, lol. But the whole reason for the question is to try an avoid the price of HT if at all possible.

Last edited:
Stick with HT Troopers. If you can't locate a Stormtrooper for your price buy a Spacetrooper or wait for an ESB or ROTJ Stormtrooper or just buy Stormtrooper Luke and Han and display them as Stormtroopers.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. what Bjjer said. much better option. I'm not familiar with any cheaper ST.

Stick with HT Troopers. If you can't locate a Stormtrooper for your price buy a Spacetrooper or wait for an ESB or ROTJ Stormtrooper or just buy Stormtrooper Luke and Han and display them as Stormtroopers.

There is truly that much of a difference between the HT trooper and SS trooper to justify the $125+ price difference?

There is truly that much of a difference between the HT trooper and SS trooper to justify the $125+ price difference?

IMO yes. I'd rather spend a little extra and get a better product, especially since $125 is not a lot of money in a hobby with $2-500 figures. I'd rather just save the cash until a deal comes along for a HT.

I have both. I like both, but I would have held out for the HT versions had I known many years ago that HT was going to offer the 2 pack or differing heights, Its not much, but it is kinda cool to see them at differing heights. The HT version is shinier compared to the SS, too. AND the biggest improvement (to me) is that the HT figures are better in that they hold poses better and the joints are a bit stiffer. If you plan to pose on the stand then this is not really relevant. Those are my opinions. Either brand is great, but the HT is the better option considering. Good luck with your decision!

For a static pose of them flanking Vader I would say hell no especially if you are even considering the Hasbro one.

I have both. I like both, but I would have held out for the HT versions had I known many years ago that HT was going to offer the 2 pack or differing heights, Its not much, but it is kinda cool to see them at differing heights. The HT version is shinier compared to the SS, too. AND the biggest improvement (to me) is that the HT figures are better in that they hold poses better and the joints are a bit stiffer. If you plan to pose on the stand then this is not really relevant. Those are my opinions. Either brand is great, but the HT is the better option considering. Good luck with your decision!

I'm thinking I would prefer them to be the same height for symmetry. I appreciate the critique of both you gave me, thanks.

For a static pose of them flanking Vader I would say hell no especially if you are even considering the Hasbro one.

I was only considering the Hasbro or Kenner one because they were pose-able, looked fairly decent in the pictures I have seen of them, and only cost about $30 shipped each. But since I haven't seen any of these figures in person, I am trying to get a comparison from the community. I get that HT is the BMW of figures, but I'm trying to determine if any of the others are Hondas, or Pintos :lol

have the SS stormies dropped that much in price? I thought they were still going for about two hundred bucks.

have the SS stormies dropped that much in price? I thought they were still going for about two hundred bucks.

The exclusive is still that high, but I have seen a few go around the $125 price range. Got a best offer for $120 last night, but passed because I wasn't sure of which to get.

Fewer of the HT is the way to go, they really are a joy to pose, etc. You could buy the Luke trooper with the current code--HOLIDAY15--to get $20 off from SS and sell the Luke head for at least $50 or more I'd imagine.

The exclusive is still that high, but I have seen a few go around the $125 price range. Got a best offer for $120 last night, but passed because I wasn't sure of which to get.

That's a good price. I'd personally get one HT before getting two of the SS, though the SS can be a good figure with a body swap, chest armour reshape and coat of wax.

Back