which sideshow gi joe is the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bite. You should have made this a poll.

Firefly, Beachhead and Cobra Viper for the tie.

I can't vote Firefly due to the liberties taken with him, but the figure is bad-ass. I wanted to say Storm Shadow, but the straps and crummy body were too much. Even ratchet knees can't stop the awesomeness of Beachhead.

I can't vote Firefly due to the liberties taken with him, but the figure is bad-ass. I wanted to say Storm Shadow, but the straps and crummy body were too much. Even ratchet knees can't stop the awesomeness of Beachhead.

So are you telling me that if Sam Raimi did a Beachhead film and he never wore his mask you would still love it? What if he passed out and other soldiers made him crowd surf inside of a Humvee?

I love Snake Eyes, but it needed the body mod to a TTA for me to be satisfied. Even then, I'm not fully satisifed. I might have done it wrong, but i feel like I sacrificed poseability when switching to the TTA. While my other Joes / Cobras are in action poses, I have Snake Eyes in a museum pose.

Firefly, without hesitation.

The sculpt, the uniform and the accessories make this the winner.

Is it entirely "Classic" in execution? No, it is not strictly light gray as the ARAH version was, but does appear to be a realistic Urban Digital Camo design and comes with a seperate black masked head to boot.

Cobra Commander would be a close second.

I can't say what one is THEE best. I've tried.

Best I can do is come up with a Top 5.

My 5:
Beachhead
Hawk
Viper
Firefly
Storm Shadow (modded body)

Last edited:
So far for me, Firefly no doubt. The liberties taken with him resulted in an awesome figure that captures the character. I'm waiting to get my vipers so maybe my mind will change next week.

I haven't opened my Hawk or Viper yet, but I will break from the pack and say Duke. He is iconic and other than the head, near perfect IMO.

Way too hard to pick one

Sideshow hasn't made a bad figure yet in this line..

Best?
fireflyss2-1.jpg

Favorite?
DSC_2381.JPG

The Viper rocks! Out of the box the best so far. I had a Beachhead but had to sell it and never got him out of the box, I'm looking forward to getting him back someday though. It took a lot of willpower to not rip that box open!

Back