Which Sideshow 1/6 Luke Skywalker is the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANH Luke has great accessories but the storm trooper Luke sculpt is light years ahead of the ANH one.
I also like the ROTJ Luke but defiantly needs a body swap, stock one looks like a banana deprived gorilla...

With a full repaint ANH Luke is good for sure....the production paint job is AWFUL, not just the hair color

The best Luke sculpt is the Stormie Luke - production paint, while the usual subpar SSC affair, is better than ANH, and with a repaint the head is AWESOME

Yeah, it'd be awesome to see the Stormie Luke head repainted nicely, & on a HT TT with some slick 'Kato' quality tailored clothing & accessories.

That head might still be a little large though.. no? :monkey3

For those who haven't seen it or tried it themselves, here's my Tatooine Luke with the Stormtrooper headsculpt I did awhile back.

picture.php

It's actually on a Prometheus 1.0 body from SSC's Indiana Jones, which was too floppy on that figure with that heavy Indy head but works nicely for Luke. I've considered swapping the body with a slim TT, but having to redo those leg wrappings would be no small task.

For those who haven't seen it or tried it themselves, here's my Tatooine Luke with the Stormtrooper headsculpt I did awhile back.

picture.php

It's actually on a Prometheus 1.0 body from SSC's Indiana Jones, which was too floppy on that figure with that heavy Indy head but works nicely for Luke. I've considered swapping the body with a slim TT, but having to redo those leg wrappings would be no small task.

Thanks PJB, I came across your shots recently and thought they captured the likeness of the sculpt better than any others I've found. That's the stock standard head isn't it, no repaint?

Thanks PJB, I came across your shots recently and thought they captured the likeness of the sculpt better than any others I've found. That's the stock standard head isn't it, no repaint?

This particular head sculpt was sent to me by Sideshow a couple months after I complained about how poorly painted the Luke head was on my SDCC Stormtrooper set.

To be honest, it doesn't look that different than the one I first got, but major kudos to Sideshow for sending me another one free-of-charge with improved paint apps. I was impressed enough with the second one that I asked customer service if they would sell me another, to which they replied that their policy prevents it. Never hurts to ask...

Going back to the original question, the next one will be the best whether its a Hoth Luke or X-Wing Luke.

I'm definitely looking forward to a Hoth version of him!

Somebody mentioned wanting a comparison shot...

Well. I don't have the Luke/Han Stormtrooper set and the Yavin one is, well....less than stellar, but here are the other three...

SIDESHOW-LUKE-3UP.jpg

My personal favorite is Jedi Luke. It was the first one out of the gate for Sideshow and it still looks great on display...

picture.php

Wow, that looks really good! This sculpt of Luke is definitely the best SSC Luke to date (though I have seen some awesome repaints of "Farmer Luke" from ANH!)

I always love your work PJ. Ill probably be laughed off this thread but here are some of my Luke's.
ypapapyp.jpg
a6yvejat.jpg
7uvu7una.jpg
byqa4e7a.jpg

Okay, over five years on I'm still trying to rationalize Yavin Luke.

But using this reference shot I can see a slight resemblance ...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
you can see the slightest resemblance if u squint. I honestly think it looks more like Barbie's boyfriend than Mark Hamill...Ken Skywalker!

Last edited:
Back