Which premium figure do I get first?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dregs

Super Freak
Reaction score
First off hello guys, first post here. I'm selling all of my toys and turning to the dark side and going with GG and SS stuff. I want to buy my first and second SS Premium figs. What two would you guys go with. The Grevious one really hit me when I saw it at C3. Any thoughts of suggestions?

If there can be only two :lol I'd suggest getting Vader and Obi-Wan! But if you have the cash for it, I'd suggest Vader and Grievous for sure! :emperor

And welcome to the Freaks forum!! :chew

Well there will be more then two for sure, I love the look of them. I just want to get my grubby hands on two asap! :emperor (BTW the emperor and chewy dancing icons rule and I plan to use them a lot :chew )

First off welcome. Be sure to say good bye to your savings account now.

Tough question to answer though. As much as I love the OT, Grievous is one of my favorite characters and he looks amazing.

Vader is an obvious choice and he's amazing. The likeness of Obi is second to none though. Can't go wrong with either of them. I'd check a couple dealers if you were looking for the regular versions of these, to save a few bucks.

Fireside Collectibles
Dark Shadow Collectibles
Razor's Edge Collectibles
Most Wanted Collectibles

These are probably my 4 favorites, all great guys with great prices.

If I could only get one I would start with the Vader. I think it's an amazing piece and will be sure to impress anyone who sees it if they are a "fan" or not.

Obi-Wan would be my 2nd choice.

Vader and Obi are the best in the line. I think in time, since they are such great pieces they will rise in value. Since Vader is older in release then Obi, I would go with Vader.

First off welcome, your gonna love it here.

Now to the question at hand. Which two PF to get first? Well if it's Star Wars you love then I agree with my fellow collectors...It has to be Darth Vader and Obi-Wan. The good thing about these two are their great likeness and exclusives are not a must.

If it doesn't need to be a Star Wars PF then the best is Dr. Doom. He is, as of this moment, the best I've seen. Bad part is that the exclusive adds so much more to this figure even though it's a separate item.

Just think of it as a win win situation with what ever you choose. :monkey5

Thanks guys, looks like it's Obi and Vader for me and maybe I can fit Grevious in there also if I sell enough of my stuff. :chew

Oh and do you guys think it's a waste of time going for non-exclusive versions of these figures? They are just so much more

Not at all, the Obi and Vader exlcusives are not must owns. All it's going to do is cost you more money. Stick to the regulars and get GG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obi-Wan is my personal favorite, I like Vader alot, but for some reason he didn't blow me out of the water like I expected. And if you can get it go for Grievous exclusive, I'm sorely tempted by him.

:chew The Welcome Wookiee!:chew

The only exclusives I'm looking forward to are Grievous(really like the cape) and Leia(really want the blaster). I've been able to pick up the regular versions of Vader, Luke and Han cheap on eBay.

Vader is my favorite so far, btw.

Save some money and get the Vader and Obi regular editions and get Grievous. If you can do without the cape on Grievous as he never fought with it on then you can get all three regular versions for significantly less then retail $700-$800 for all three.

Jesse

It really depends on your taste of SW. I am also new in collecting SS and GG exclusive will be my first PF. I am not a hardcore fan of SW. I am more in comics but GG is such a brilliant character design. he has everyhting that a science fiction movie can offer.
My list is as follows:

1 GG EX
2 - Obi Reg
3- vader reg
4 - Han reg
5- Luke Reg

I am not so much into OT series and I will not even buy leia.I suggest you to get on the wait list of GG Exclusive from SS Web site. There are bloody 1500 exclusives out there and lots of cancellations will take place

Back