Which Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkage824

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys
just looking at all the predators hot toys has to offer and there all so great i cant choose!
which one would you think is the best and why?

As your first Pred, I'd recommend what everyone else usually does... the original Predator. He's a great way to start.

Having that said, it might also be good to get Berserker, since he's the main star of the new movie and if you get the drop on him now, you won't pay tons of money to get him in the future.

took a look at the berserker predator, not liking the look
im more for the traditional ones.
so im stuck between four
1) the original
2) Predator 2 battle damaged
3) Predator 2 lost
4) scar predator from AVP

any suggestions?

The original. It's the second-cheapest on the list (all of those are fairly sought-after), yet it's the most recent and well-refined of those figures. Great (somewhat-innacurate, but still awesome) sculpt, great paint apps, and a great poseable body. I think he's the only Pred so far that can achieve that deep squat that classic fans love.

I recommend starting with the "Original" Pred with (get a TD) biomask, and/or Predator 2 regular or BD. These two are the classic Predators to start with, IMHO.

As I already said in another similar thread get the original Predator (get a Taylerdurdem custom mask for it) and after that get the Predator 2 regular or BD. The others, no matter how good they look, are nothing compared to the P1 and P2 originals.

AvP movie is a douchefest, these are the oldest and IMHO worst looking predators by HT.
Elder P2 nor P2 Lost arent so great when displayed alone.
So I´d go for the P1 or P2, as they are classics and look good.

Unless you dont like the new Predators movie or the designs, Id wait for the new ones to come out before buying. (The picture you saw was probably of a prototype.)

I don't get why the original Predator from the 1987 movie isn't the most obvious choice here - why even think about the others?

In this order:

1.P1(it's a classic, and going to be near impossible to find 10 years from now)

2.P2 Elder(Because it's awesome, and also extremely rare right now)

3.P2 BD/Reg.(Excellent figure, my personal fav.(although mines a hybrid, I took all the things that made the BD and Reg. so great and combined them)

4.The AvP Preds......meh, the only one really worth getting is the Celtic, Scar is ok but I found his painted on "Scars" to be kinda cheap on HT's part.

When I had them Elder predator 2 was amazing looking. Brilliant detail and amazing sculpt

My pick is the original. My favorite Predator and still my favorite HT figure.
34875_409317179662_748989662_4160556_1665989_n.jpg

He is quite spendy (unless you get lucky). But if you arent very picky about the small details (ex:trophy necklace) then I would suggest waiting for Hot Toys to do the new "Classic" Predator (which Im sure they will), most likely will be the superior figure. And from my understanding is the exact same looking as the original P1 in the movie.

i would go for the AVPR Wolf Predator first version , the movie sucks but it's the coolest predator ever seen

I agree with the other guys that it should be the Original predator, having said that the price on him is rising, if you are just 'sticking your toe' in the predator figure market to see if you like them then the lost predator is still available for a good price and I was really pleased with him, certainly better then the AVPR predator that looked a little comical IMO.

Original and Lost Predator:

2341371200104711031S600x600Q85.jpg

2018613610104711031S600x600Q85.jpg

Who do I talk to guys about getting a replacement Bio for my 1st Predator? or if your reading this then can you contact me please :pray:

Back