Which Medi SW Human Likenesses Would You Like To See Next

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBATHERIDGE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that Medicom seem to have got their human likenesses back on track after the mixed reaction to Jedi Luke, what characters would you like to see them tackle next?

Personally I'd love to see them do an Obi Wan ANH just to see how they'd go about recreating Alec Guinness likeness. Both Sideshow and Gentle Giant did a great job with the PF and upcoming mini bust, so I'd like to see how Medi's would compare.

Or how about Harrison Ford as Han Solo ANH?

Ford's likeness is notoriously hard to capture and none of the companies have managed it.

Could Medi be the first to manage it properly?

What characters would you like to see made from Medicom with a human likeness?

I'd love an X-wing Luke.

Or Bespin Luke as well!

Any of the main characters from ANH. Han Solo or Obi-Wan would be my top choices but I'd be more than happy if they did Luke or Leia. After the dire SSC efforts it would be intresting to see the same characters with Medicom quality outfits and poseability,not to mention the possibility of further improved headsculpts.

I want Medicom to do an ESB Luke, prove they can do it. But otherwise I'm saying Han or Anakin.

This is not meant to be a Medi-basher post, but I am curious about something. People always go easy on the Medi Jedi Luke's resemblance claiming its "anime inspired, its the way they make their figures." Well, I bought a ROTJ Medi Vader off Ebay a few weeks back and its looks amazing like Shaw in ROTJ. I have also seen pics of the new Jango Fett and its a dead-on likeness of Morrison. Neither of these figures look anime in the least. So, it seems to me that the excuse for Luke is invalid. It's simply a bad sculpt ... no ifs, ands, or buts.

P.S. As much as I have bashed Medi prices in the past, the ROTJ Vader was worth all 105 bucks I spent on him. He actually motivated me to prepurchase Boba. Might get a stormie too in the future when funds allow it.

DouglasMcc said:
This is not meant to be a Medi-basher post, but I am curious about something. People always go easy on the Medi Jedi Luke's resemblance claiming its "anime inspired, its the way they make their figures." Well, I bought a ROTJ Medi Vader off Ebay a few weeks back and its looks amazing like Shaw in ROTJ. I have also seen pics of the new Jango Fett and its a dead-on likeness of Morrison. Neither of these figures look anime in the least. So, it seems to me that the excuse for Luke is invalid. It's simply a bad sculpt ... no ifs, ands, or buts.

By your argument here, your "excuse" is invalid as well. cheers.

Luke was made and released back in 04. I think technology back then and now is considerably vast. Even within half a year, the difference in technology development can be at the ends of the spectrum.

example, You buy a phone now with the same technology that have been existing for the last 6 months . It came with functions which at the point in time, was amazing.
6 months down the road, a new phone come with half the size with double the functions you phone have.
Same can be applied with Medicom Luke. Within a year, you basically can see the difference in the quality of headsculpt. Like what weve been seeing the last 2 years with Seb Shaw, Wolvie, JAck Sparrow, Jango etc.

Same also if you compare Medi Luke witha medicom figure that released 2 year before him. Considerable difference.

nash said:
By your argument here, your "excuse" is invalid as well. cheers.

Nash, I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing, but there was no "excuse" in my post. I may have been guilty of asking a question and then answering it with a personal opinion. However, I never made or created an "excuse." So, in the future, please read my actual comment instead of looking on your cheat sheet for witty comebacks.

And to everyone else, I realize my comments may have come out antagonistic. However, that was unintentional. I am really curious how you long time Medi-lovers and Medi-watchers feel about this.

What I'm saying is, you cant compare a figure 3 years ago with the ones we have for the last year. Improvement are made during that time.

Medicom Luke can be considered a very good figure for its time. Stylized yes. Look like Hamill? Maybe no. But does it look ugly.
There's a difference between looking accurate and looking good.

good Headsculpt vs good likeness.
Medicom Luke have a good headsculpt but poor likeness.

Medicom always had likeness down... like any other company, they would mess up every now and then... plain and simple... luke is by far the weakest human likeness, IMHO... still a good figure...but any of my friends can vouche for me when I say this "I LIKE MEDICOM NOT FOR THEIR ARMORED CHARACTERS, BUT FOR THEIR HUMAN CHARACTERS"

matrix_30cm_Y16000_medicom_front.jpg

matrix_30cm_Y16000_medicom_e.jpg

matrix_30cm_Y16000_medicom_d.jpg

I agree, Luke isn't BAD just no ACCURATE. It's not an ugly sculpt, just not Hamill.

Tarkin would be awesome EF! Maul too, get a killer Medi body going to work!

PosterBoyKelly said:
I agree, Luke isn't BAD just no ACCURATE. It's not an ugly sculpt, just not Hamill.

Tarkin would be awesome EF! Maul too, get a killer Medi body going to work!

This is the part I don't understand. And, I am not trying to argue, just understand. If we are talking about the entire figure, I could go with it "not being bad." Articulation, outfit, and accessories look amazing. However, a facial sculpt's most important job is to look like the character/actor. If it doesn't look like Hamill, then I don't see how it's not a "bad" sculpt. Please explain.

the overall figure > a good oversize headsculpt.

look at the proportions and tailoring of the costume.. the SCREEN ACCURATE boots and vest.. only bad part of the costume is that it's a 2 piece.

A good sculpt constitutes the overall look of the head. A good looking sculpt doesnt have to have good likeness. A headsculpt with Good likeness doesnt not neccessary have a good sculpt.

There's a few headsclupts with good likeness of the actor but looks less than pretty .

EVILFACE said:

Originally, I was going to agree on Cody, thought that likeness is basically done anyhow, but, given the grey hair and pale complexion to Tarkin, I think he would look fine in Medi's style of head.

I would be surprised if Medicom strays from its Star Wars armored line. Obviously being in bed with SST must come with some ground rules!

DouglasMcc said:
Nash, I know you like to argue for the sake of arguing, but there was no "excuse" in my post. I may have been guilty of asking a question and then answering it with a personal opinion. However, I never made or created an "excuse." So, in the future, please read my actual comment instead of looking on your cheat sheet for witty comebacks.

And to everyone else, I realize my comments may have come out antagonistic. However, that was unintentional. I am really curious how you long time Medi-lovers and Medi-watchers feel about this.

I wasn't trying to argue just to argue. I should have explained myself more thoroughly.

The reason why i referred to your statement as also an excuse is because you stated that people's "opinions" of Medi doing the Luke up in Anime style was an excuse to try to cover up the supposed "real" reason why it is the way it is (ie. bad sculpt which means Medicom just dropped the ball without intention of having it turn out the way it did).

The whole point of my one sentence statement was that neither you, I, or anyone knows exactly Medicom's intentions of their Luke figure or if it was merely a case of short-comings in execution.

So for you to label the Anime argument an excuse without solid grounds or reasoning, puts your statement in the same context.

Thats all.

Back