1/6 Which MCU female character figure you want Hot Toys to make next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Which MCU female character you want Hot Toys to make next?

My guess is it'll be rooted, and she'll probably come with a dynamic stand that will allow her to "fly." The one issue with doing sculpted hair for characters with longer hair (that they don't wear pulled back in a ponytail or braided, like the Wasp) is that some dynamic poses might not make a whole lot of sense. For example, I have the Civil War Black Widow that has been maneuvered to do a kick mid-air. Having rooted hair allowed me to move it around in a way that made the pose look more dynamic/less static. If her hair was rooted and just flat against her back, the pose would look a little ridiculous. Captain Marvel's hair appears to be longer than Black Widow's in Infinity War, and she had rooted hair - so rooted hair is probably the way it'll go.

In other news...I swear someone on here was doing a custom Lady Sif, but I cannot for the life of me find the thread...can someone please point me in the right direction?

I actually wish all medium-length hair (and longer) were rooted, male or female... as long as it's straight/wavy. It gives you more pose flexibility, and the layering of the hair avoids a plastic bucket head look (for lack of a better term). To this day, I can't stand the unmasked Winter Soldier head because, from the front, it looks like he has a big brown helmet over his head where his hair should be.

As for Lady Sif, it was in the custom section, which has since been deleted. If I recall, it was a closed run that was nearly complete, but I'd reach out to woodrob for more information (he ran that project).

I think HT stick to rooted hair for female characters with the exception of the ones with very short hair or with a ponytail - e.g. Maria Hill, Ada Wong and The Wasp. Nothing really wrong with that, but it is those hairstyles that are neither long and short (all three Avengers Widows!!!!) where styling rooted hair has its limits.

I actually wish all medium-length hair (and longer) were rooted, male or female... as long as it's straight/wavy. It gives you more pose flexibility, and the layering of the hair avoids a plastic bucket head look (for lack of a better term). To this day, I can't stand the unmasked Winter Soldier head because, from the front, it looks like he has a big brown helmet over his head where his hair should be.

As for Lady Sif, it was in the custom section, which has since been deleted. If I recall, it was a closed run that was nearly complete, but I'd reach out to woodrob for more information (he ran that project).

I agree on the rooted hair for medium-length/linger hair, as long as the character doesn’t have overly intricate hairdos (e.g., BatB Belle half-ponytail bun), or hair that was styled in a way that fly-away hair would develop over time or require regular touching up (e.g., the Wasp’s ponytail). It just works better rooted in most cases.

And thank you for the Sif info! I doubt I’ll be able to get one, but I was enjoying following the progress as she’s one of my favorite Marvel ladies.

Glad to see Shuri will be at SDCC! Will add her to the "made" list when she finally opens for PO. Where is Valkyrie????

Still waiting for Valkyrie, too. I’m just telling myself she’s delayed because they’re switching to her gorgeous armor from the end of the movie. Yeah. That’s why she hasn’t been up for preorder yet. Heh. *eye twitch*

Hopefully Shuri actually get's released. But I would like Mantis, Nebula, O'kaye (and more Dorae Miljae in general) at the very least.

I'd kill for a Nebula figure....hopefully she'll come with Avengers 4.

I'll be gutted if they don't follow through on Shuri.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope they have a maria hill with a better head sculpt, and another scarlet witch with better head sculpt, I feel those headsculpts likeness are just off.

Well, how about another female villain, I'd like Proxima Midnight.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, how about another female villain, I'd like Proxima Midnight.

Spoiler Spoiler:

carrie-coon_proxima-midnight_avengers-iw_2018.jpg

The fact that they included her spear with IW Cap, certainly diminishes her chances of getting made...but HT has a prototype for Corvius Glave (while Cap get his spear as well), so we all can only hope...

I would like to see Valkyrie released, but Nebula not being out is baffling. I bet she is going to be part of the Avengers 4 release.

I'd definitely pick up Proxima Midnight, and I'd probably pick up Corvus Glave to go with her. Without Proxima though, I won't bother with Corvus.

Yep, I’m still buying two. :D Carol looks amazing and couldn’t be happier and more excited for this film. Finally seeing my 2nd favorite Avenger on screen!

Back