Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a funny feeling we may get a few announcements quite close together when SS does start announcing anything in the Maquette/Statue line again. :panic:

Would really be happier if they were spaced out equally throughout the year though...that way I would have a better chance of being able to get them all. :wink1:

3 or 4 a year would do me just fine. :pray:

:duff
Bill

I look forward to an announcement. I will not be ordering the RWoS PF, and I am pretty sure that's the next LOTR preorder, so I have even more waiting to do. I guess they are slowing down to about seven or nine months between announcements in the statue line, and that just pushes all the possibilities out several years into the future and makes certain minor characters far less likely to ever see a preorder.

Same here! I am only collecting the maquette line and I'm sure that the next LOTR preorder will be the RoS. And what about the statues collectors?
Is sideshow only for marvel and star wars collectors?

I have a funny feeling we may get a few announcements quite close together when SS does start announcing anything in the Maquette/Statue line again. :panic:

Would really be happier if they were spaced out equally throughout the year though...that way I would have a better chance of being able to get them all. :wink1:

3 or 4 a year would do me just fine. :pray:

:duff
Bill

You may be right about getting a few announcements in the second half of the year. I think that getting a new preview every three or four months is an ideal pace, which is why the current seven month (and counting) gap is discouraging. I guess we might still see three new pieces announced in the second half of 2012. Maybe one at SDCC and one in September and another in November/December. That would make me happy--there are so many characters I want to see.

I think there's both good and bad regarding this line; the good being that with the Hobbit just around the corner, we will see a couple of previews to go with this line.

the bad being that, with the Star Wars maquette line firing up, it will cut into LOTR some. Yes, I know they can do both, but it will just make announcements that much further apart.

A bit of a gap between things isn't bad really now things can drag on too long causing issues.

Thing is with those there are different products from different ranges of collectibles. Heck, you've even got different companies that Sideshow distributes which isn't the case with LOTR.

Thing is with those there are different products from different ranges of collectibles. Heck, you've even got different companies that Sideshow distributes which isn't the case with LOTR.

????
What about weta collectibles?

I hope they (weta) will get the Hobbit license. At least, we would see some competence in this topic/subject.

Weta has their own site which they sell through. Sideshow doesn't distribute the stuff Weta makes.

I'm sure SS and Weta will be doing stuff for The Hobbit.

Weta has their own site which they sell through. Sideshow doesn't distribute the stuff Weta makes.

I'm sure SS and Weta will be doing stuff for The Hobbit.

I'm sorry, I didn't read "distribute" word.
Anyway, if we are talking about competence, they should get cracking...

By the way, does anyone know what time is sideshow updating the website?

Last edited:
Its ok. :duff

Competence I would say is a word that you're misusing. The folks at SS are quiet competent on how to handle things.

Seems like its around 3:30 CST or 1:30 PST.

Its ok. :duff

Competence I would say is a word that you're misusing. The folks at SS are quiet competent on how to handle things.

Seems like its around 3:30 CST or 1:30 PST.

Yes, I didn't know how to say it in english... I think that the correct word is competition. Does it come from 'to compete with sb'?
This is what I wanted to say...

Competition works much better I think to get your point across if I'm understanding what you're saying. :duff

so josh when should i start panicking about the maquette line if there is still no news? now? during comic con? or after? :monkey1

Back