Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so josh when should i start panicking about the maquette line if there is still no news? now? during comic con? or after? :monkey1

I'll be concerned some if there is nothing during comic-con and especially after the last one ships.

I'm confident SS will have something to show us come SDCC

I agree. I asked on twitter a while back if their lotr display at comic-con this year would be as awesome as last year. They replied that they had some surprises ready for us. So I think we have stuff to look forward to.

Just posted this as a suggestion for the next PF but I would be happy to see it as maquette too;

High_Elven_Sword_-_Last_Alliance_of_Men_and_Elves-1-.jpg

:rock

video not working at work:( can someone post a photo, is this 1/5 scale part of the maquette series?

really wanted hobbit, but at least the line is not dead. Looks like they plan to drag this out before giving us the hobbits..

Will these do you buddy :hi5:

Screenshot2012-06-08at153526.png

Screenshot2012-06-08at153424.png

Screenshot2012-06-08at153457.png

Screenshot2012-06-08at153510.png

:rock

:duff
Bill

Well, to be fair most of us want the hobbits as they're central characters to the story. If it wasn't for them Middle-Earth wouldn't have been saved but also we want them to finish off our Fellowship. That all being said this is a welcomes addition to the line and great to see another statue announced.

Well I want the Hobbits, is it so hard to sculp or produce them? Why do Sideshow keep us waiting so long for them is a concern to me..

Well, I'm sorry to be a complainer here.

For me, this is just about the most disappointing character choice possible after a seven month gap. They follow up the ringwraith with another ringwraith? If they weren't going to give us hobbits and wanted to do a villain, they should have done Saruman or a Moria orc or Lurtz or anything that brings a little variety to the line. Having back to back ringwraiths in a line that is this small and slowly paced is a frustrating choice. 25% of the line is now ringwraiths. I would have preferred anything to this. It just seems lazy and repetitive and it's even worse knowing that all the other character possibilities have now been pushed back for months so we can get a cameo/variant version of the last piece released. Now that we have two Witch Kings, is it time for a new Aragorn yet?

There are way too many main characters missing to have two ringwraiths in a line of only eight pieces. I'm sure some people will be happy to get this, but it should have come much later, in my opinion. I really wish they had done Saruman if they wanted another villain at this point. There was a place for this kind of character choice in the SS/W line, because of the faster pace and greater number of pieces overall. If they are going to make us wait over seven months for a new announcement, I'd like to see more variety--and if the line is going to move this slowly, they need to focus on getting the main characters done.

Well I want the Hobbits, is it so hard to sculp or produce them? Why do Sideshow keep us waiting so long for them is a concern to me..

it's just business strategy, everything sideshow does is about making a profit (not that there is anything wrong with it). By dragging out the fellowship, it makes us buy those statues in between. If they finish the fellowship, then those characters wont sell as well just because of human nature.

i agree on the ringwraith comment, it's like their next clonetrooper army...

Will probably not get this as i already got 2x ringwraith ex on preorder...unless the photo looks really good.

Well, I'm sorry to be a complainer here.

For me, this is just about the most disappointing character choice possible after a seven month gap. They follow up the ringwraith with another ringwraith? If they weren't going to give us hobbits and wanted to do a villain, they should have done Saruman or a Moria orc or Lurtz or anything that brings a little variety to the line. Having back to back ringwraiths in a line that is this small and slowly paced is a frustrating choice. 25% of the line is now ringwraiths. I would have preferred anything to this. It just seems lazy and repetitive and it's even worse knowing that all the other character possibilities have now been pushed back for months so we can get a cameo/variant version of the last piece released. Now that we have two Witch Kings, is it time for a new Aragorn yet?

There are way too many main characters missing to have two ringwraiths in a line of only eight pieces. I'm sure some people will be happy to get this, but it should have come much later, in my opinion. I really wish they had done Saruman if they wanted another villain at this point. There was a place for this kind of character choice in the SS/W line, because of the faster pace and greater number of pieces overall. If they are going to make us wait over seven months for a new announcement, I'd like to see more variety--and if the line is going to move this slowly, they need to focus on getting the main characters done.

As much as it kills me to say this, I agree. Sideshow decides to follow up the Dark Rider (which has the potential to be the best Ringwraith collectible of all time) with another 'wraith related item. I have to say I'm a bit under whelmed (regardless of how good it looks) after just having ordered the single piece that I've waited for since the PF line began. Now if this had been announced five or six months after the Dark Rider had been shipped it would be a different story.

Back