Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not a choice I expexcted but it's a cool choice none the less. This is going to look great next to the Ringwraith in the display cabinet. As I said in the other thread I doubt this is the only statue we see at comic-con.

I am with Tom on that one. I was really looking forward to the next PO hoping it is something we all been waiting and asking for the longest time... I got into this LINE only because I heard the fellowship will be completed in this particular line!! This is yet to be seen as not even one single hobbit is released since the start.
Anyhow, money saved until I see something really worth getting... I mean at around $400 a maquette (initial price/shipping/duties & taxes) you really choose your pieces wisely as money should not be thrown lightly.

I love SS to pieces but sometime it is frustrating to understand why they do not listen to their community when people have constantly emailed / phoned & keep demanding the hobbits on a constant basis on this forum & other multiple forums but yet nothing is done in that regards.

Just look at Weta they always ask their target audience what they want as a next piece and they create it... It would be fantastic if we got any type of involvement from the SS crew to hear what the community wants as a next piece, this could be as simple as a POLL...(done by either Josh or another moderator). I am pretty sure people wants other pieces done before yet another Ringwraith piece.

I am sorry if this was done before but can we get an OFFICIAL Poll going for the maquette line. A top 10 maquettes to be chosen from (possibility of 3 choices/votes per forum member ) have that page as a sticky so it does not get lost and keep emailing that link to SS until we hear something back from them. It would be interesting to see what other people are looking for to get in the maquette line and would be another interesting subject to discuss and SEND to SS.

Well, I used my free time at work today when the kids were working on stuff to make this list. This is a list of what statues I'd like to see, an order they could be released in, and what I think they could be priced at. Yes, I did have a bit of free time today. :lol

1. Frodo/Sam or Merry/Pip $275
  2. Eomer $250
  3. Frodo/Sam or Merry/Pip $275
  4. Lurtz $250
  5. Saruman $275
  6. Balrog $325
  7. Theoden on Snowmane $300
  8. Mouth of Sauron on Steed $300
  9. Faramir $250
  10. Cave Troll $325
  11. Uruk-hai (Helm's Deep Version) $275
  12. Bilbo $225
  13. Eowyn (White Dress) $250
  14. Elrond (Council Attire) $250
  15. Grima Wormtounge $250
  16. King of the Dead $275
  17. Denethor on Throne $275
  18. High Elven Warrior $275
  19. Fountain Guard $275
  20. Galadriel $250
  21. Mordor or Moria Orc $250
  22. Easterling $250
  23. Rohirrim Soldier $300 if on horse or $250 otherwise
  24. Gandalf the White $250
  25. Gothmog $275
  26. Sauron $350/400
  27. Haldir $275
  28. Gollum $225
  29. Battle Troll $350
  30. Witch King in True Form $250
  31. Berserker $250
  32. Gil-Galad $250
  33. Elendil $250
  34. Isildur $250
  35. Shelob $300
  36. Aragorn in gate of Mordor sequence $250

I had him on the list. Not high in the list but he was on the list all the same.

Ede - If someone wants to start a poll they're more than welcomed to.

In facebook:
Alp Alçın: Why don't you give us the HOBBITS instead of releasing ringwraith after ringwraith from the Lord of the Rings line?
Sideshow Collectibles: ‎ Alp Alçın Don't worry you will be seeing some hobbits soon ;)

In facebook:
Alp Alçın: Why don't you give us the HOBBITS instead of releasing ringwraith after ringwraith from the Lord of the Rings line?
Sideshow Collectibles: ‎ Alp Alçın Don't worry you will be seeing some hobbits soon ;)

I've never been in doubt that SS will do the Hobbits - they've stated that this will be the line where they will definately do the whole Fellowship, and i've always thought that they would wait until closer to the time that The Hobbit is released to do them.

In facebook:

See everything is gonna be ok :rock :hi5:

I've never been in doubt that SS will do the Hobbits - they've stated that this will be the line where they will definately do the whole Fellowship, and i've always thought that they would wait until closer to the time that The Hobbit is released to do them.

Yeah, this to me was never in doubt but this news should help make some people feel better.

In facebook:

Well that is me who asked the question :) I am relieved to see such an answer too. Now hoping we see them at comic-con!

We've got it up on Torn using the YouTube video from Sideshow.

Witch-King statue

finally saw the video, man i was expecting something like below, not the corrupted king version. Zero interest.

Witch_king_Sword.jpg

True Form should have been a major clue though that it was from the sequence where Frodo puts on the ring. Will be nice to have this version in the collection again.

I would gladly take another morgul lord though.

I had him on the list. Not high in the list but he was on the list all the same.

Ede - If someone wants to start a poll they're more than welcomed to.

I agree that he should be on the list, and I probably agree with your placement at #30. I strongly disagree with Sideshow's placement at #8.

I have really been looking forward to the long awaited reveal of the next maquette, and this is unfortunately a disappointment for me. It kills me to not be enthusiastic and supportive, but this should not have been one of the first ten maquettes--especially following immediately after the ringwraith (which also is understood to be the Witch King, based on the Ex weapon).

My only hope is that they will reveal two maquettes at SDCC. If the only new maquettes between last year and this year's SDCC display are two Ringwraiths, I will be very disappointed in the way Sideshow has chosen to handle this line.

Im glad to get an announcement and I like the announcement but I get what you're saying.

Reading Facebook today it sounds like ringers should be happy with the products we see at comic-con

Posted by SSC under the Production Peek of the True Form Ringwraith on Facebook, "Don't worry you will be seeing some hobbits soon ;)"

That sure sounds good to me!!

Posted by SSC under the Production Peek of the True Form Ringwraith on Facebook, "Don't worry you will be seeing some hobbits soon ;)"

That sure sounds good to me!!

Fantastic news slynger :wave...thanks for picking up on that. :hi5:

It's what we have all being waiting for. :yess:

SDCC would sure be the place to show the Hobbits off, that is for sure. :yess:

Bring on the Con. :blissy :blissy :blissy

:duff
Bill

Am I correct that the pose for the two wrath maquettes is identical or near identical? So it seems this was planned as a two-fer from the start, maybe it was a way of saving on some sculpting costs given the similarity in the design, flowing robes, etc. I will buy this for sure. Interestingly I haven't yet committed to the wraith PF. To me this dual release is less surprising than Arwen, she sticks out like a sore thumb in this line. Bad guys sell, period. So this makes sense. But Arwen has always seemed like a third tier character to me.

EDIT: And for the first time this month I got that feeling of needing to be more careful about what I buy. The weight of what's to come is becoming more apparent and to be honest I'm a bit scared.

Last edited:
You know now that I see this I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a weathertop themed Frodo to pair with this. It makes sense and it shows the "still in the fight" Frodo rather than the "wounded near death" or "post-healing, sullen weight of the ring" Frodo.

And if you think this is too similar to the dio, well exhibit A that SS doesn't care about rehashes is the true form maquette, exhibit B is the wraith PF.

Back