Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another week without news for LOTR and it took like 6 months. But the curious thing that next week there will not be nothing because they have to announce the Marvel PF Storm.

I am surprised at the deal I'm looking for half a year to LOTR.
I hope the Hobbit statues line the license is for Weta, at least they showed that they took almost every piece in its day.

Sorry for my English if someone does not understand that comment, but I use a translator to communicate with you.

I honestly believe the next LOTR release will be a pair of Hobbits, it fits in with promoting of the Hobbit movie. I know SSC is not tied to that movie . . . yet. But if they show they are finally committed to making the Hobbits, they will gather a few more customers for the Hobbit movie, which we all know they will ultimately make pieces for.

I can't subscribe to that. If we get say Eomer (who by the way has never had a statue made) and over a pair of Hobbits I wouldn't be upset. Now, do I think we need a pair of Hobbits next? Yes, I do think at least one of the next couple of statue announced must be a pair of Hobbits.

i just want them to release both pairs of hobbits so to finally have a complete fellowship at least in 1 series. The sooner the better, who knows what will happen down the road, license get pulled, ppl who did those amazing pieces leave etc.. things can happen. What's worse than not making the hobbit pair is making one that's really bad so the whole series get stuck. My original plan was to wait for the whole fellowship to finish to ensure all the pieces are good before purchasing, but since they have been so amazing so far I changed my plan, but the worry is still there.

Whatever ss is doing now seem to be working and all the statues from the 1/5 line are amazing, so they should continue and get it done!!! :impatient:

I understand but I do think in the end the line will get what most folks want to see done. As you said this line has been really amazing so that should bode well for what I just said.

I'm about hit $200 in RP so the next statue will be quite cheap for me. :rock

Isn't the SSW 1/6 line completed with the fellowship?
I don't see anyone missing and there are even doubles.

Eomer would be cool. Hobbits are not my favorites so it depends on the scene/pose Sideshow chooses for them. Weathertop would be great.

Yeah, the original line has all 9 members.

Like I said I want all four Hobbits. I just would be happy with Eomer as well. He's a character I really like and I love the design of his armor. Would be nice to finally have a statue of this character in my collection.

That first Sideshow remove the two pairs of Hobbits and then remove Eomer.
It is high time that Sideshow complete once the Community in its lines.

If the next release are not the Hobbits, I'm sure many collectors will be disappointed with Sideshow.

One question, the people who work in Sideshow read this forum and takes into account the views of participants?
As is Weta forum. That there if you hear and takes into account the demand of customers.

Last edited:
Hi. This is my first post here.
I would like to finish the fellowship, and after I would like to see Eomer, Faramir, Dark Galadriel, Elven warrior (2nd age), Numenor and Gondor warrior.

This is the last question I've sent sometimes to sidehow last months, but I had not answer.

"Hi. The first thing…thanks for your work, because I really enjoy it. I’m a LOTR collector and I’ve some questions, but I’m going to do just the main one:
On February 2010, you show us a video with the new LOTR statue line and some designs (Strider, Gandalf, Legolas, Arwen, Gimli and Boromir). Last two years we had the releases of this statues and a new Nazgul, too. On this section, you have talk about Merry+Pippin, Sam+Frodo, Eomer, Faramir, Mouth of Sauron, Elrond, Elves of the Second Age, Twilight Wraiths, Orcs, Uruks,… but we haven’t seen a new design (I’m not talking about statues) from 2009’ComiCon (except for the Nazgul). We haven’t had anything new for this line in ComiCon ‘2010 or 12 days of Sideshow (and I think it was a good moment with the trailer of the Hobbit and 10th anniversary of the first film)… Is the line really active (I’ve seen only 1 new design (Nazgul statue) in 20 months)? When are we going to have news (in this point I talk about BIG news and not only a Production Peek mini video) about your plans?
I’m sorry for the long message and I give thanks for your time. Another day we will talk about the PF…xddd"

I'm collector from 10 years ago, and I love the new statue line, but don't hear anything about new statues from a long time ago.

Hi. This is my first post here.
I would like to finish the fellowship, and after I would like to see Eomer, Faramir, Dark Galadriel, Elven warrior (2nd age), Numenor and Gondor warrior.

This is the last question I've sent sometimes to sidehow last months, but I had not answer.

"Hi. The first thing…thanks for your work, because I really enjoy it. I’m a LOTR collector and I’ve some questions, but I’m going to do just the main one:
On February 2010, you show us a video with the new LOTR statue line and some designs (Strider, Gandalf, Legolas, Arwen, Gimli and Boromir). Last two years we had the releases of this statues and a new Nazgul, too. On this section, you have talk about Merry+Pippin, Sam+Frodo, Eomer, Faramir, Mouth of Sauron, Elrond, Elves of the Second Age, Twilight Wraiths, Orcs, Uruks,… but we haven’t seen a new design (I’m not talking about statues) from 2009’ComiCon (except for the Nazgul). We haven’t had anything new for this line in ComiCon ‘2010 or 12 days of Sideshow (and I think it was a good moment with the trailer of the Hobbit and 10th anniversary of the first film)… Is the line really active (I’ve seen only 1 new design (Nazgul statue) in 20 months)? When are we going to have news (in this point I talk about BIG news and not only a Production Peek mini video) about your plans?
I’m sorry for the long message and I give thanks for your time. Another day we will talk about the PF…xddd"

I'm collector from 10 years ago, and I love the new statue line, but don't hear anything about new statues from a long time ago.

First of all welcome.

I do not understand the secrecy by Sideshow on the lines of LOTR.
It is unfortunate LotR treatment at the Sideshow 12 days this year. As I said earlier we have more than 6 months without any news, and becoming desperate, then not be surprised that people do not dare to start a new line but we know lies ahead of this line.

Lately only leave parts of Marvel and Star Wars, but I'm seeing out pieces of other lines, and nothing in LotR more than 6 months, why?

Last edited:
When thu have something to announce they will. They can't go about saying this character is next because thing change and that character may have to be pushed back.

Another newsletter, another week of non-announcements for LOTR... I am beginning to fret that the end may indeed be near. Either that, or they are renegotiating the license agreements with the Hobbit on the way:pray:

Take a deep breath. Why would the end be near when things are about to pick up excitement wise?

Back