Statue Which Maquettes should be made next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's right that Ringwraith and Sauron are on the way to be done(but we have to see the prizes) but it's true that they told us that the PF line was going to have 3 statues each year and from that moment we have seen only one.

Ballder, what are you talking about? The Ringwraith on Steed PF? Cause we "only" saw the production peek... and certainly, we didn't see anything.

No...I'm talking about the Black Orc of Mordor...the Ringwraith and Sauron are future statues.
For me, this is a dead line. When I see the news on the other collections and I see the LOTR lines (both), I can't think other thing.

I partially agree with you Ballder. In my opinion, LOTR Premium format line is dead - we have seen how this line releases have decreased.
But the maquettes (1/6) line is almost new. I wish think that SS is saving its best for the CC.

What I don't understand is that with so many collectors questioning Sideshow's plans for both the PF and maquette lines, why SS doesn't just put everyone's minds at ease by answering a few QA on Ask Sideshow to let us know what's going on.

The maquette line is new (and I love a lot the line) and I know that we are going to see some releases at CC, especially with the Hobbit film coming soon.
But the truth is that all the statues we have seen are the dessigns we could look at 2010 february video and 2010 CC video). After that they have talk about a lot of future statues but we only have seen the Nazgul.
I just would like to know what are the plans for the line with any type of news (QA, dessign, video,...) as CHABER says.

I'm with you.

I do not understand the secrecy by Sideshow, where each week is new in many other lines as Marvel, Star Wars to give an example.

We are not asking for Preorder every two months for LOTR, we only want information on the line to get greater peace of mind that does not leave us stuck, as is happening in Premium Format line.

Lately the only news in the line of LOTR is that they have stock again in a few pieces already announced previously.

When they have something they will do a video or preview in the nl. Other than that we wait until then just like we do with any license.

When they have something they will do a video or preview in the nl. Other than that we wait until then just like we do with any license.

So does that mean aside from the Sauron and the Ringwraith PFs, they really have nothing for us LOTR fans? Oh my! Having a few months without anything helps the wallet, but waiting this long without anything, with no guarantee ifever the line would/still continue, makes you think twice if you shouldn't've started with the line in the first place. For me, all SS lines that I collect (LOTR, Dinosauria, Disney PFs, DC) are at a standstill. WTF!!!!

That doesn't mean they've got nothing. It just means they're not ready to announce anything right this second.

Just my humble suggestion... maybe they (SS) could try releasing some cheaper, smaller pieces of maquettes or PF inbetween the releases of those big, expensive PFs. For sure it would be a burden for all of us if they'd release the Sauron PF right after the Wraith PF. Some hobbit, Arwen or Eowyn maquette/PF maybe inbetween? That way, everybody would be happy and satisfied.

With The Hobbit on the horizon perhaps we should expect a slow down in all things LOTR... I think the LOTR PF line is deader than a Dodo (the resources reassigned to produce Hobbit material) with the maquettes slowing to 2/3 a year with all the Hobbit material to come. SDCC will tell the story, hope I'm wrong for all you PF buyers :pray:

After burning folks on the 1/6, dio, LSB and perhaps PF LOTR lines it will be interesting to see what SS do with their Hobbit license.

They could make the most of the movie (the hobbit) and release both hobbits maquettes.

Very well said mikkipog! I think they should think in all new collectors they have got the maquette line. As you've said, having a few months without anything save the wallet, but we need something on the horizon - s'thing to remember that they haven't forgot us. Or, should we change to Marvel line?

Hi

New week and.... Will we have new nwes?. Last LORT´s production peek was in Oct 14, 2011, over 5 mounth, and the video was about the Ringwraith and Steed Premium Format Figure. What is happen with maquettes line?

I've asked Sideshow about that a few days ago. Can't find the answer mail right now but I'm quiet sure the answer was that they're going to release new Maquettes around Comic Con. No big surprise.

If, I'm not wrong, last year we saw some of the maquettes prototypes before the Comic Con - and some of them were pre-orders.
We did see Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf? So, we may see some of the new maquettes 2 months before San Diego's "big event". What do you think?

With The Hobbit on the horizon perhaps we should expect a slow down in all things LOTR... it will be interesting to see what SS do with their Hobbit license.

If anything, with the release of The Hobbit, i would expect a surge in interest in LOTR as new fans come out of the woodwork.
And that's IF Sideshow get a Hobbit license. We don't know who's doing what yet. SS could continue their LOTR line while Weta does The Hobbit. Both lines would be very popular.

They could make the most of the movie (the hobbit) and release both hobbits maquettes.

That's what i thought, wait a few months until Hobbit fever kicks in, then release 4 hobbits!

i may collect some bad guys from The Hobbit if sideshow gets the license, but really have zero interest trying to complete the dwarf army... :slap

fellowship first please!

Back