Which line of Dragon Ball figures is best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web_Head91

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm wanting to get a nice collection of Dragon Ball figures, but I don't know which lines are good to go for. I'm not really looking to pay out 85 pounds per figure...they don't have to be super nice, "collector's grade" type of stuff. And any scale will do.

I have a 36 cm Goku that I LOVE, but as far as I know, there are only three figures in that scale (and two of them are Goku). I also have a small, maybe four inch tall Goku figure that came on a clear, round stand, and has no articulation. I really like him, but I can't remember what company made the figure or what line it's from, so I'm finding it hard to find others from the same line.

Do any Dragon Ball fans out there have a suggestion for which line/scale I should go for? I'd really like to have a nice amount of characters that I can display together.

I have to say S H Figuarts! Its a slow release of figures, but catching up is fun. They currently have Gohan, Trunks, Super Sayian Vegeta, Cell, Super Sayian Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Freeza. Freeza, SS Goku, and Vegeta are Pre Orders right now. They have shown Android 18, Krillin, Regular Goku, and Nappa. Its a great line! Nice amount of swap out faces, heads and hands, as well as awesome articulation.

S.H. Figuarts.

Period.

There is no competition, sorry. They're the best DBZ figures ever.

No one mentioned the prices to him though; these figures are NOT cheap ($40-$50 a figure, and a lot more (usually > $100) if the figure is out of print).

I've seen the SH Figuarts and yes, they are AWESOME, but KPman is right. They are quite expensive. I mean, geez, I sold both my kidneys for 40 pounds.

They are costly to backtrack and get, but nothing is as good as figuarts, and they only release 1-2 a year, sometimes three. So the equivalent of 150$ usd a year isn't that bad.

You wanna get a cool line , with good articulation, and nice looking sculpts? You want figuarts. Your other choices are statues that are even more expensive, or older cheaper action figures with 1970s era articulation, and turd level sculpts.

Goku is getting reissued in a month, so his price is low. Get him, see what you think. Or get cell, or any other one. See what you think. If you don't like it, just resell it. You will eaisly get your money back.

They are costly to backtrack and get, but nothing is as good as figuarts, and they only release 1-2 a year, sometimes three. So the equivalent of 150$ usd a year isn't that bad.

You wanna get a cool line , with good articulation, and nice looking sculpts? You want figuarts. Your other choices are statues that are even more expensive, or older cheaper action figures with 1970s era articulation, and turd level sculpts.

Goku is getting reissued in a month, so his price is low. Get him, see what you think. Or get cell, or any other one. See what you think. If you don't like it, just resell it. You will eaisly get your money back.

that is if you only follow the DB(Z) line

in my case it started with one line but soon spread to others and now im getting like 2 to 4 figures in a month :panic::panic::panic:

Back