Which is Your Main Collection Line ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is Your Collection Line ?

• Total voters
Predator and Alien. Terminator too, as long as they crank out more Endo's.

You not buying the 'humans' from Hot Toys?

Anyway, I may have posted in this thread already, it seems familiar but:

Main lines - Star Wars 3 3/4" (collecting these since 96)
Neca and Hot Toys Terminator

2nd priority - Neca and Hot Toys Predators and Aliens

below those - Hot Toys Superhero figures (entire TDK line)

Can't say I have a main collection line. Starwars claims the minority government of my collection, but only by a hair- and I'm pretty sure I'm done buying SW pieces, though a TESB 12" Vader would be an easy buy.

Anything that has to do with my favourite movies as long as it has a good likeness. So mostly Hot Toys, Enterbay, and some 1:1 props and statues. No cartoonish or "comicy" stuff :monkey4

I don't purchase by company, I'm strictly about the license.

My main lines are Dark Shadows, Watchmen, and Transformers (both movie and G1). My Watchmen collecting is winding down because there isn't much out there that I don't have. Dark Shadows, because of the rarity of some of the items made for it, will be a long work in progress. Transformers are obviously never ending, but are a lot of fun - they've really brought back the fun of collecting for me, which was on its way out the door last year.

I still have my Sideshow Buffy and X-Files figures and of course my Dark Shadows figures from those days, and some customs, but the lack of line completion (missing main characters) and lack of licenses that I'm passionate about have really turned me away from 1/6th and soured me on companies like Hot Toys. They're just not making licenses I want, and when they do, they don't complete the line (like with Watchmen, two faves missing = Rorschach and Nite Owl).

I voted other. I don't collect any particular line. I collect 1/6 scale figures. Hot Toys is the brand I seem to buy most often, but I really like the Sideshow GI Joe line, as well.

Not really. Don't do as good a job holding onto them as I do the monsters and robots :).

I see, so you stick to what you're least likely to want to sell later on.

I loves me the humans, especially since the bodies are no longer shiny generic truetypes, but nice detailed and textured specimens like Wolverine or Prince Dastan and since the likenesses started being pretty damn good for the most part. I also love to see the care HT puts into the 1/6th clothes. Just magnificent, they're not dolls anymore.

Definitely "other" for me. I'm all over the place with my collection. Aliens, Predators, Marvel, Star Wars, and some video game characters.
I also have everything from 7" to PF.

Back