Which HT Punisher would you want to see?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'cause The tom jane one was crap :p

It's just NOT a punisher film to me, blond nancy boy punisher crying all the time and being a detective? No thanks.

I'll take my punisher as an older hardened vigilante who doesn't ask questions before shooting, he just doesn't care about questions.

So guess who I'd want HT to make? :p

I liked the Jane one, why does everyone seem to hate it?

Because they completely raped the character, his origin story, and pretty much everything else about him.

WarZone, while not an amazing film by any stretch of the imagination, was very good Punisher flick.

The fight scenes were good, the action was good, and Stevenson - in my opinion - really captured the Punisher. The acting everywhere else sucked, though.

The only good part of the Thomas Jane flick was the scene with The Russian. That's it. While the scene was quite good(and ripped straight from Garth Ennis' pen), the other hour and ten minutes of movie sucked.

Lundgren's Punisher was decent, but suffered from most of the same problems as the Thomas Jane version. However, Lundgren did play the part nicely.

Detective: "What do you call 125 murders in 5 years?!!!!"

The Punisher - "Work in progress."

'cause The tom jane one was crap :p

It's just NOT a punisher film to me, blond nancy boy punisher crying all the time and being a detective? No thanks.

I'll take my punisher as an older hardened vigilante who doesn't ask questions before shooting, he just doesn't care about questions.

So guess who I'd want HT to make? :p

I disagree with everything said here because I love Pane, that's what I said Bunny Bread!!!!

Why Warzone was bad...

Jigsaw sucked...
They raped everything cool about the Punisher Max comics...
Jigsaw came off as a ?????...
Inky and Pitts both sucked balls...
Looney Bin Jim was a ????ing bad joke that got bad too fast...
Throw in all the other crappy kills and all the totaly unrealstic kills...
The made Micro into a loser and hes not one in the comic...

ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS PIECE OF ???? FILM WAS ON THE LEVEL AS THE PUNISHER COMICS I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR CAUSE THEY HAVE NO TASTE IN THE COMICS OR MOVIES FOR THAT MATTER...

As someone who doesn't read the comics nor has even the seen the films but is merely aware of The Punisher I think Thomas Jane looks cooler.

Also yes I'd buy Affleck's Daredevil. The OP asked that question too if anyones thinking WTF to that.

Why Warzone was bad...

Jigsaw sucked...
They raped everything cool about the Punisher Max comics...
Jigsaw came off as a ?????...
Inky and Pitts both sucked balls...
Looney Bin Jim was a ????ing bad joke that got bad too fast...
Throw in all the other crappy kills and all the totaly unrealstic kills...
The made Micro into a loser and hes not one in the comic...

ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS PIECE OF ???? FILM WAS ON THE LEVEL AS THE PUNISHER COMICS I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR CAUSE THEY HAVE NO TASTE IN THE COMICS OR MOVIES FOR THAT MATTER...

Love the max and warzone series (old not new) series own all of them to date.very violent and very good story lines (the slavers is my personal fav).
Honestly though did you really think they were going to make it as cool and as violent as the max series.
You obviously watched this movie with VERY high hopes and it sucks that you thought it sucked.But lets be honest all the punisher movies pretty much suck.
To me though at least warzone kept the essence of what and who the punisher is.
So its not as gory and violent as the max series and the story isnt as good either but at least it felt like I was watching the punisher,so what if they watered it down.still an enjoyable way to kill an hour and twenty min.

I do agree with your hatred of looney bin jim and that terrible actor who played jigsaw,but in the end they died so who cares makes seeing them die even more enjoyable.That chick from dexter is terrible as well,not just this movie but in everything she does,cant stand her.

Last edited:
I disagree with everything said here because I love Pane, that's what I said Bunny Bread!!!!

Im with the other bloke.

Tom janes punisher was horrible.He is not the punisher in that movie at all.You probably dont read the comics though.
They could have put any title on that movie and it would have worked but they made him the punisher and he just isnt the punisher.

Last edited:
I read comics for almost 38 years and we spect too much now for this kind the COMICS HERO MOVIES, I wait too long for see this happens see my favorites heroes in big screen, we have to undertand is hard put 10,20,30,40 and over50 years en one hour 30 min. plus too hard for get PERFECTION!!, I saw the 3 movies and I love each one because they was made in diferent times, about the Punisher:War Zone I said is FREAKING GOOD!! the actor Ray S. is perfect for be a Punisher, what else you guys WANT!! hello!! we are lucky we see our heroes in the big screen now!!
Just my two cents!!:)
PLEASE STOP COMPLAINT!!!!;)

I read comics for almost 38 years and we spect too much now for this kind the COMICS HERO MOVIES, I wait too long for see this happens see my favorites heroes in big screen, we have to undertand is hard put 10,20,30,40 and over50 years en one hour 30 min. plus too hard for get PERFECTION!!, I saw the 3 movies and I love each one because they was made in diferent times, about the Punisher:War Zone I said is FREAKING GOOD!! the actor Ray S. is perfect for be a Punisher, what else you guys WANT!! hello!! we are lucky we see our heroes in the big screen now!!
Just my two cents!!:)
PLEASE STOP COMPLAINT!!!!;)

Damn straight,like them for what they are not what they could or should have been.
Did like the part in the jane punisher where he get mickey with the ice block.That was one of my favourite moments from the warzone comics

I think each movie have diferent FLAVOR! for diferent taste, we are regular people and we are not rich!! for thst reason we can't be a producers, looks what happens with Wolverine: Origins for me is out in every way from the comics in the way they put Cyclops,Deadpool and every single heroe, who was the producers?? H.J (Wolverine) and now what happens we know the script was bad just they don't care and they made the second part!! they make money...a LOT!!, this how be in this MOVIE HERO WORLD like it or NOT!! and our rol is ENJOY!!:)
Sometimes is our fault don't see more often our favorites heroes in the big screen...BECAUSE WE COMPLAINT TOO MUCH!!;)

Damn straight,like them for what they are not what they could or should have been.
Did like the part in the jane punisher where he get mickey with the ice block.That was one of my favourite moments from the warzone comics

:1-1::goodpost:

Im with the other bloke.

Tom janes punisher was horrible.He is not the punisher in that movie at all.You probably dont read the comics though.
They could have put any title on that movie and it would have worked but they made him the punisher and he just isnt the punisher.

You're right, he wasn't the Punisher....until the end of the movie. It was heavily adapted a lot from the Year One mini-series, and in that story the pacing is almost the same, especially with the end. Now, whether that was a good idea or not for a Punisher movie is a different issue. I personally don't think you need almost the entire movie to set up his motivation/character. Man on Fire was a good example of doing that in less time.

Im with the other bloke.

Yep, read them all, still like it but I like them all pretty much.... they are fun movies.

Movie preference aside, IMO WZ look is closer to the Punisher. A good chance HT will make one with the success of the Art figure and Stevenson in Thor. Fits their mo

Dolph Lungren :slap :slap :slap :slap :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

But Seriously THE only Punisher i could love would be Clint Eastwood as Frank Castle (Punisher MAX version)

But of the two sub-par choices available... Thomas Jane

You honestly can't even count Lungren's Punisher.

But the other two are both very flawed and yet awesome in their own ways. Put them together and you have a decent Punisher filmography. Hopefully in 10 years or so we can get an official reboot with a couple of sequels.

But I want a HT Steve Dillon Punisher:
punbear.jpg

I like War Zone the best. While not a perfect film I felt the Punisher himself was right on. Lots of criminals getting blown away, that's what I want and War Zone delivered.

The Jane version seemed to be put together in hopes of large scale commercial success... Jane was cool but didn't quite nail the character for me.

I like War Zone the best. While not a perfect film I felt the Punisher himself was right on. Lots of criminals getting blown away, that's what I want and War Zone delivered.

The Jane version seemed to be put together in hopes of large scale commercial success... Jane was cool but didn't quite nail the character for me.

Stevenson knocked it outta the park. I just like that dude, period. I'm not crazy about Jane as Castle, but The Russian scene is incredible. Incredible. They actually made it better than in the graphic novel, which I didn't think was possible.

Back