1/6 Which Hot Toys Iron Man..?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s no guarantee that the 7 will be as well done as the 6. It should be but you never know. It is guaranteed to cost at least $50 more.

Yup, that’s what sent me over the edge to get this one. The 6 is a fine armour, and Hot Toys knocked it out of the park with pretty much no issues. I’ll take it!

Yeah the 7 could be puffy chested, small headed and skinny waisted for all we know.

Thank you for your 2 cents, now I'm trying to narrow it down to an improved Mark 6 or owning a new armor like the Mark 45 lol.

Choose the one you like best. But it’s hard to end up with just one so you may end up with multiple new figures.

If it’s between those two, I’d personally get the Mk 6 just because of the whole package. The 45 is a bit of a barebones figure.

If it were a few months ago, I would’ve said 46 hands down. Maybe keep an eye on the 50 if you want something different? Not the best value in terms of what you get but if the reviews are good, it might be worthwhile. If you liked it in Infinity War that is.

If you really like the Mk 6 in general though, don’t miss out. Like I always say, you can sell it down the road if you no longer need it which is better than trying to buy it when it’s sold out.

Thanks again, everyone for all of your wise council. I would not have been able to pull the trigger without your help and support.

Anyone who has made a positive contribution to this thread and has not already received a Rep point to show my appreciation will soon (I ran out of points to give twice now!).

[Sneak Peak... Coming Soon: What the best Cap Figure]

I'm looking to purchase my first Iron Man figure as well so thanks for all the thoughtful comments. I think my favorite armor is Mark 46 (Civil War), but the prices on that figure are a killer. Considering pre-ordering Mark 50 (Infinity War) which looks pretty slick, but perhaps too slick. Otherwise, Mark 6 (Iron Man 2/Avengers) looks pretty damn good. Mark 45 (Age of Ultron) is still available on some sites, but looks a bit too clunky for my liking and doesn't even come with a Tony Stark headsculpt.

Sounds like what you're looking for is the Mark VI if you don't want to pay XLVI prices. Or possibly the Mark IV depending on which suit you prefer and if you want a full Tony head sculpt or just his face in the helmet.

I'm looking to purchase my first Iron Man figure as well so thanks for all the thoughtful comments. I think my favorite armor is Mark 46 (Civil War), but the prices on that figure are a killer. Considering pre-ordering Mark 50 (Infinity War) which looks pretty slick, but perhaps too slick. Otherwise, Mark 6 (Iron Man 2/Avengers) looks pretty damn good. Mark 45 (Age of Ultron) is still available on some sites, but looks a bit too clunky for my liking and doesn't even come with a Tony Stark headsculpt.
Mark vi is one of the best out there now and if you want a tony stark head, there are plenty of good knock off ones on ebay now. Mark 46 is good too, just gotta wait for a good deal to come by. I would stick with either one (i have both) but if I had to choose just one to keep, it would be the mark 46 due to the design.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks again, everyone for all of your wise council. I would not have been able to pull the trigger without your help and support.

Anyone who has made a positive contribution to this thread and has not already received a Rep point to show my appreciation will soon (I ran out of points to give twice now!).

[Sneak Peak... Coming Soon: What the best Cap Figure]

Happy to have contributed. :D

I'll save you some time with Cap.

The Civil War version is generally the most highly regarded, with the best proportions and suit design. There are two versions, standard and battling, the latter of which has a weathered suit and battle damaged shield courtesy of Black Panther. The only con on the standard is that it has interchangeable faceplates (which is a cool feature) that makes the head look like it's sitting a little low on the neck.

The Age of Ultron version is a good figure if you like the design. The white bands on the sleeve detract from the overall look for some. The proportions are also not the best, and inferior to the Civil War version. The magnetic shield is a neat feature, though.

The STRIKE suit from The Winter Soldier is one of the best looking suits in the MCU but it is one of the most poorly executed Cap figures. They gave the figure a thick under suit that severely hinders posing and articulation. Some people have removed it, but that requires a bit of surgery.

The Golden Age suit from TWS is good if you want the WWII look (albeit modified) because you don't want The First Avenger figure which is short and has an electroplated shield that flakes. The Avengers version is still a solid figure in my book, but the suit design hasn't aged well in comparison to the newer Caps. The figure also has electroplated shields. Rescue and Star Spangled are scene specific and down to preference.

I think most anyone would recommend the Civil War version to you, with the only issue there being the crazy prices the figure commands.

I own the Civil War, Age of Ultron, and Avengers versions myself and appreciate each. But if I could only keep one, it would be Civil War, hands down.

Great thread and some good advice.

I have two IM figures: Starboost and MKVII Stealth. I got these because they are so unique and look great (Starboost is in my GotG lineup instead of Drax lol).

That said, I really want a classic Ironman! I nearly got the 3 die cast but decided to wait for the inevitable 7. I have been tempted by the 6 but decided to wait in hope. The shape of the 7 is too damn sexy.

I took a long time to decide, but I am settling on the Mark L. That armor was so boss and the team up with Spidey and Strange just made a profound impact on me. I just cannot get over the golden thigh plates on the Mark VI. But that's just me being picky. I love the upper body and the triangle is a much more dynamic look than the circle. Plus, this will give me time to see the possible new Mark in A4 in case I like that one better!

The Civil War version is generally the most highly regarded, with the best proportions and suit design. There are two versions, standard and battling, the latter of which has a weathered suit and battle damaged shield courtesy of Black Panther. The only con on the standard is that it has interchangeable faceplates (which is a cool feature) that makes the head look like it's sitting a little low on the neck.

The Age of Ultron version is a good figure if you like the design. The white bands on the sleeve detract from the overall look for some. The proportions are also not the best, and inferior to the Civil War version. The magnetic shield is a neat feature, though.

The STRIKE suit from The Winter Soldier is one of the best looking suits in the MCU but it is one of the most poorly executed Cap figures. They gave the figure a thick under suit that severely hinders posing and articulation. Some people have removed it, but that requires a bit of surgery.

The Golden Age suit from TWS is good if you want the WWII look (albeit modified) because you don't want The First Avenger figure which is short and has an electroplated shield that flakes. The Avengers version is still a solid figure in my book, but the suit design hasn't aged well in comparison to the newer Caps. The figure also has electroplated shields. Rescue and Star Spangled are scene specific and down to preference.

I think most anyone would recommend the Civil War version to you, with the only issue there being the crazy prices the figure commands.

I own the Civil War, Age of Ultron, and Avengers versions myself and appreciate each. But if I could only keep one, it would be Civil War, hands down.

Gonna piggyback on this post. Great points all around.

I'm gonna go with CW Battling version. Proportions, sculpt, light but noticeable weathering, diorama base, and nice art box, it hits on everything I want in a release. The ONLY thing I'd want is a clean shield without the claw marks.

The Golden Age suit is my favorite in the MCU, but the figure just doesn't do the design justice. Pinhead with dated sculpt plus the weird upper body proportions crossed it off my list as I went down the Avengers lineup to fulfill my Cap representation.

The only caveat from this list is that they're all going to demand secondary market dollars. I haven't checked recently but I'm gonna guess Battling CW will demand the most. That said, paying aftermarket on Battling Cap was worth it for me.

Sounds like what you're looking for is the Mark VI if you don't want to pay XLVI prices. Or possibly the Mark IV depending on which suit you prefer and if you want a full Tony head sculpt or just his face in the helmet.

Mark vi is one of the best out there now and if you want a tony stark head, there are plenty of good knock off ones on ebay now. Mark 46 is good too, just gotta wait for a good deal to come by. I would stick with either one (i have both) but if I had to choose just one to keep, it would be the mark 46 due to the design.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Think I'll wait and see if there's a good price for 46. If not, maybe 6 or even 50.

I'm a big fan of the Mk 4. Best combo between cinematic and comic book IMO.

Plus, the new armors look too organic.

I'd add that, if you're willing to modify figures, The First Avenger Cap figure can be made to fit in with the rest of the line (new body, new/repainted shield). And with the Stealth/STRIKE Cap, the articulation restriction mostly comes from the outfit, not the padded suit. Both of these figures require mods to look/pose their best, but I also wouldn't trade them for any of the newer Cap figures. Then again, that's my own personal costume preference.

If you want something good out of the box, then I'd second the recommendations for either the Age of Ultron or Civil War versions (I'd give the slight nod to Civil War for the interchangeable face plates, but I also like more dynamic action poses, which the angry face plate is perfect for).

I'm a big fan of the Die cast versions. Mark 46 is quite glorious. If you get IM you have to get Rhodey too... :)

Edit: spelling

Thanks again, you guys. Appreciate the advice on Cap too!

Just got in my helmet-less Tony sculpt for the Mark VI:

IMG_20180529_203617.jpg

And now we wait...

Back