Which Hot Toys Civil War Figures Will You Buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Civil War Figures Will You Be Adding to Your Collection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CGM is 5-4. I don't think she has the stature to play Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, who's listed at 5-11. Think of someone more along the lines of Gal Gadot/WW, who's 5-10. Or at least closer to it.

I think since Captain Marvel isn't such a well-known character, Marvel can cast whoever they want. I'm not saying Chloe Moretz will get it or that she's even being considered for it, though. I just think her choice of that jacket was...interesting. She is rather young (19); that might be her biggest drawback. However, she has a ton of charm and screen presence.

The only Marvel Hot Toys figures I have are Iron Man MKIV and War Machine, both from Iron Man 2. To this day these are my favorite iterations of these characters and I had no real desire to replace them with any of the newer releases from IM3, Avengers, or AoU. However, both Iron Man XLVI and War Machine MK3 look REALLY cool, so I may get both!

I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure in 3 years, just when I thought I was done with them, they release Deadpool, Hulkbuster, Genisys Endoskeleton, War Machine MK1 (diecast) Iron Man XLVI and War Machine MK3.

CGM is 5-4. I don't think she has the stature to play Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel, who's listed at 5-11. Think of someone more along the lines of Gal Gadot/WW, who's 5-10. Or at least closer to it.
And Hugh Jackman at over 6' plays Wolverine who's supposed to be 5'4", so not exactly comic book accurate.

The only Marvel Hot Toys figures I have are Iron Man MKIV and War Machine, both from Iron Man 2. To this day these are my favorite iterations of these characters and I had no real desire to replace them with any of the newer releases from IM3, Avengers, or AoU. However, both Iron Man XLVI and War Machine MK3 look REALLY cool, so I may get both!

I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure in 3 years, just when I thought I was done with them, they release Deadpool, Hulkbuster, Genisys Endoskeleton, War Machine MK1 (diecast) Iron Man XLVI and War Machine MK3.

Just when you thought you were out... :lol

And Hugh Jackman at over 6' plays Wolverine who's supposed to be 5'4", so not exactly comic book accurate.

That's the main reason why I've had a hard time completely envisioning him in that role. The actress who plays CM doesn't have to be nearly 6 feet tall. But I'd prefer somebody taller.

Just when you thought you were out... :lol

That's the main reason why I've had a hard time completely envisioning him in that role. The actress who plays CM doesn't have to be nearly 6 feet tall. But I'd prefer somebody taller.

I actually think Charlize Theron would have been perfect in the role about 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong, she still looks amazing, but she's already 40 years old, and if Marvel wants to do more than one Captain Marvel movie they're going to need a younger actress.

I actually think Charlize Theron would have been perfect in the role about 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong, she still looks amazing, but she's already 40 years old, and if Marvel wants to do more than one Captain Marvel movie they're going to need a younger actress.

That's a great casting choice. :duff But yeah, I'm guessing Marvel is going to skew younger.

I personally wouldn't recast Wolverine until they reboot the franchise.

Maybe get X23 fill the wolverine role. She would be cool but still have the ferociousness and sass!

Yes to Charlize Theron. She kicked butt in Hancock, and she showed in Monster that she can play a physically imposing figure..

Yes because 40 is too old for a woman but half the men in the MCU can start their roles already past that age! Such a sexist society we live in.

No matter the age, I think Marvel casting is best when they go for lesser-known actors and actresses for their heroes. They've found some fantastic actors that wouldn't have necessarily been hired by other big franchises looking to capitalize on someone's "celebrity status." I remember seeing articles criticizing Marvel for casting the then-unknown Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth in Thor - look at them now! :lol Hope we see a fresh face for Captain Marvel!

Yes because 40 is too old for a woman but half the men in the MCU can start their roles already past that age! Such a sexist society we live in.

It's not so much deliberate sexism as it is human nature. Men are attracted to young women, while women often find older men as attractive as younger men.

I will mostlikely go for Captain America, Iron Man .46, Hawkeye, Black Panther & Scarlet Witch. :)

No matter the age, I think Marvel casting is best when they go for lesser-known actors and actresses for their heroes. They've found some fantastic actors that wouldn't have necessarily been hired by other big franchises looking to capitalize on someone's "celebrity status." I remember seeing articles criticizing Marvel for casting the then-unknown Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth in Thor - look at them now! :lol Hope we see a fresh face for Captain Marvel!

:exactly: :goodpost: Agreed! Marvel have made some excellent casting choices! :rock

It's not so much deliberate sexism as it is human nature. Men are attracted to young women, while women often find older men as attractive as younger men.
Perhaps that is the case, but I still don't think it's a great message to send to young girls, that you're past your use by date once you're 40.

Many things have been acceptable in our past that no longer are, I think the perceptions of aging women should be changing also.

Anyway I think they'll go with an unknown for Captain Marvel, they'll be cheaper that way lol.

Charlize would make a great Captain Marvel for the first movie. But she could be pushing 50 by the time the third Captain Marvel movie came out--I think that's the problem.

Back