Which Hot Toys 1/ figure is least likely to depreciate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best advice is to buy figures because you enjoy them, and not to keep them boxed up in the attic. You might as well put your money in the bank and earn interest.

....I'm confused. Isn't that what people have been telling you in response to this thread? Are you just repeating what they said because you liked the advice or are you saying it like as though its the first time its been said here?

....I'm confused. Isn't that what people have been telling you in response to this thread? Are you just repeating what they said because you liked the advice or are you saying it like as though its the first time its been said here?

:lol :exactly:

Thread title really should read: "Which Hot Toys figure can I still flip for massive profit?"

Answer = You're a few years too late. :wave

Great thread! I started collecting hot toys because they amaze me every time I look at them they just keep getting better and better, as an investment I just don't see them as that

Not all toys depreciate. Some of my old Corgi toys from the 60s are now worth over £400. The same goes for some of my transformers and tin plate toys, such as the Arnold Mac 700.

Yep and like all toys those values will drop as people from the 60's start dying off. The next generation is not interested in Corgi.

Every "collectible" has its day in the sun. At the end of the day. Buy what you like because you like it. Do that and it will always be priceless.

No offense but it's the "investment" mentality that crashes every Collectibles market. Investors over buy, over charge, sit on piles of stuff only to dump them and flood the market they are trying to profit from. Pretty stupid.

The only reason older toys from the 20's- early 1980's are worth anything is because kids played with them, busted them, and didn't collect them for value. Hence the higher prices today. Also notice that toys from the 20's to mid 1960s are losing value because those that are interested in them are all dying off, destroying any demand.:exactly:

Yep and like all toys those values will drop as people from the 60's start dying off. The next generation is not interested in Corgi.

Every "collectible" has its day in the sun. At the end of the day. Buy what you like because you like it. Do that and it will always be priceless.

No offense but it's the "investment" mentality that crashes every Collectibles market. Investors over buy, over charge, sit on piles of stuff only to dump them and flood the market they are trying to profit from. Pretty stupid.

The only reason older toys from the 20's- early 1980's are worth anything is because kids played with them, busted them, and didn't collect them for value. Hence the higher prices today. Also notice that toys from the 20's to mid 1960s are losing value because those that are interested in them are all dying off, destroying any demand.:exactly:

:goodpost:

...except for robots.. or anything that looks like a robot.. because robots rock!.. and always will

That's the only relevant part of this post. The rest of it is the same rehashed BS seen over and over again on these boards from people who are sure they're going to make bank from their Hot Toys.

Toys aren't a freaking investment.

Collect them because you like them and you'll never go wrong. Sick of hearing words like "depreciate" and "devalue" in regards to these things. It's stupid.

I should have stopped reading after your perfectly worded response. They are TOYS enjoy them! Let your family worry about what they are worth when your dead.

While its nice to think all the money that's going towards our hobby will someday come back , the truth is it will most likely not. I don't think I will ever sell any of my collection unless god forbid it is absolutely necessary and I doubt at that time it will make me a profit. Just enjoy thw hobby and treat it as exactly that . A Hobby.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Short term several HT will make you $$$ in secondary market...
Long Term most likely a loss- the once hallowed HT Robocop has plunged with the news of the new upcoming Robocop- DX01 and 02 were hitting $1000 on Ebay a couple years back and now have spiralled way down since the better newer versions have been released.
I think a few might hold their value all of them one shots from HT. 95% won't

Toys should be bought for your enjoyment and relieving those emotions you had to a particular toy or character. I just started collecting the Hot Toys Batman line. Just need Harvey Dent, Bank Robber Joker, Commissionaire Gordon and Cami Tumbler. Figure pass these down to my kids instead of junk.

HT figures should not be played with like barbies by grown man. They should be boxed up and mint so you can flip them and make $20.

HT figures should not be played with like barbies by grown man. They should be boxed up and mint so you can flip them and make $20.

so true, mang..in fact whats closer to reality is "so you can flip them and lose $20" even after selling it for the the obligatory $100 markup. After shipping, insurance, ebay fees, paypal fees only losing $20 is being optimistic.:eek:

Back